DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jk4z46/modelling_and) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Modelling and simulation of integrated systems in engineering: Issues of methodology, quality, testing and application" to their offering.
This book places particular emphasis on issues of model quality and ideas of model testing and validation. Mathematical and computer-based models provide a foundation for explaining complex behaviour, decision-making, engineering design and for real-time simulators for research and training. Many engineering design techniques depend on suitable models, assessment of the adequacy of a given model for an intended application is therefore critically important. Generic model structures and dependable libraries of sub-models that can be applied repeatedly are increasingly important. Applications are drawn from the fields of mechanical, aeronautical and control engineering, and involve non-linear lumped-parameter models described by ordinary differential equations.
Key Topics Covered:
- The principles of system modelling
- Integrated systems and their significance for system modelling
- Problem organisation
- Inverse simulation for system modelling and design
- Methods and applications of parameter sensitivity analysis
- Experimental modelling: system identification, parameter estimation and model optimisation techniques
- Issues of model quality and the validation of dynamic models
- Real-time simulation, virtual prototyping and partial-system testing
- Model management
- Further discussion.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jk4z46/modelling_and
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd
Source: Research and Markets