DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n7qnss/understanding_and) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Understanding and improving the durability of textiles" to their offering.
The ability of a fabric to resist wear is an essential aspect of its performance. Understanding and Improving the Durability of Textiles provides a comprehensive guide to the factors affecting the durability of a range of different textiles.
Part one addresses the different factors that affect textile durability, including the influence of fabric construction and fibre type, as well as properties affecting strength and dimensional stability. Colour fastness and the effects of light are discussed, along with methods for testing and improving wrinkle-resistance and textile durability. Part two goes on to explore the durability of particular types of textile including antimicrobial textiles, protective clothing, historic textiles, silk and geotextiles.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Aspects of textile durability: The influence of fabric construction and fibre type on textile durability: woven, knitted and nonwoven fabrics
- Strength properties of fabrics: understanding, testing and enhancing fabric strength
- Dimensional stability of fabrics: resistance to shrinkage and other dimensional changes
- Durable press treatments to improve the durability and wrinkle-resistance of cotton and other fabrics
- Colour fastness of fabrics: mechanisms and testing
- Effects of light exposure on textile durability
- Testing textile durability.
Part 2: Durability of Particular types of textile: Durable antimicrobial textiles: types, finishes and applications
- Durability of protective clothing
- Durability of historic textiles
- Silk durability and degradation
- Durable geotextiles.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n7qnss/understanding_and
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd
Source: Research and Markets