DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pp2bwt/advances_in) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Advances in military textiles and personal equipment" to their offering.
Advances in Military Textiles and Personal Equipment summarises key research on the design, manufacture and applications of military textiles.
Part one explores anthropometric methods, psychological, colour and camouflage issues related to the successful design of military textiles. Materials and design issues in military helmets, footwear and hand wear are also reviewed. Part two goes on to consider applications of particular types of military clothing and equipment, including optimisation of body armour design, high performance ballistic protection using polymer nanocomposite technology as well as advances in materials and modelling of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear protective clothing. Finally, Advances in military textiles and personal equipment looks specifically at designing load carriage and advanced hydration systems for military personnel.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1 Design issues in military clothing and equipment: Key issues in body armour: Threats, materials and design
- Assessing military equipment requirements and capability: the Australian experience
- Anthropometric methods for the successful design of military clothing and equipment
- Psychological issues in military uniform design
- Colour and camouflage design issues in military clothing
- Materials and design issues for military helmets
- Design issues in military footwear and hand wear.
Part 2 Applications to particular types of military clothing and equipment: Customization of a lightweight bullet proof vest for the female form
- Optimisation of body armour design parameters: Vulnerability and survivability assessment
- High performance ballistic protection using polymer nanocomposites
- Modelling the comfort and protection qualities of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) protective clothing
- Advances in materials for chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) protective clothing
- Designing load carriage systems for military personnel
- Advanced hydration systems for soldiers: the example of the US army.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pp2bwt/advances_in
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd
Source: Research and Markets