MORRIS PLAINS, N.J., Nov. 5, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Immunomedics, Inc. (Nasdaq:IMMU), a biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the development of monoclonal antibody-based products for the targeted treatment of cancer, autoimmune and other serious diseases, today announced that nine abstracts on its product candidates have been accepted for presentation at the 54th American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, scheduled for December 8 – 11, 2012 in Atlanta, GA.
The annual medical conference will feature presentations at three oral sessions and six poster sessions, on clinical trial developments and preclinical research updates. Details of the presentations are listed below (all times are in Eastern Time):
Saturday, December 8, 2012
- CD22-Targeting Epratuzumab Down-Regulates Multiple BCR Regulators on the Surface of Normal, Lupus, and Malignant B Cells (Rossi, et al.)
Poster Session: Molecular Pharmacology, Drug Resistance: Poster I
Publication # 1357: 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 9, 2012
- Monotherapy with Subcutaneous (SC) Injections of Low Doses of Humanized Anti-CD20 Veltuzumab is Active in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) (Kalaycio, et al.)
Oral Session: CLL – Therapy, excluding Transplantation: New Targeted Therapies
Publication # 192: 5:45 p.m.
- A New Class of Hexavalent Bispecific Antibodies and Immunocytokines with Enhanced Pharmacokinetics and Improved Efficacy in Vivo (Rossi, et al.)
Poster Session: Molecular Pharmacology, Drug Resistance: Poster II
Publication # 2451: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Southwest Oncology Group Study S0910: A Phase 2 Trial of Clofarabine/Cytarabine/ Epratuzumab for Relapsed/Refractory Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (Advani, et al.)
Poster Session: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia – Therapy, excluding Transplantation: Poster II
Publication # 2603: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- A Novel T-Cell Redirecting Anti-CD19-F(ab)2/CD3scFv Bispecific Antibody Exhibits Potent Lymphoma Cytotoxicity (Rossi, et al.)
Poster Session: Lymphoma – Pre-Clinical – Chemotherapy with Biologic Agents: Poster II
Publication # 2762: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday, December 10, 2012
- Phase I/II Study of Monotherapy with Subcutaneous Injections of Low-Dose Anti-CD20 Veltuzumab in Relapsed Immune Thrombocytopenia (Liebman, et al.)
Oral Session: Disorders of Platelet Number or Function: Immune Thrombocytopenia
Publication # 622: 5:15 p.m.
- Combination Therapy Targeting Two Different Antigens with Anti-CD22 Radioimmunotherapy and Anti-CD20 Immunotherapy in Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (NHL): Phase I Results (Tomblyn, et al.)
Poster Session: Lymphoma – Therapy with Biologic Agents, excluding Pre-Clinical Models: Poster III
Publication # 3680: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Prevention of Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease in Human/Mouse Xenogeneic SCID Mouse Model by Humanized Anti-CD74 Monoclonal Antibody, Milatuzumab (Chen, et al.)
Poster Session: Experimental Transplantation – Immune Function, GVHD and Graft-versus-Tumor Effects: Poster III
Publication # 4105: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
- Consolidation Anti-CD22 Fractionated Radioimmunotherapy with 90Y-Epratuzumab Tetraxetan Following R-CHOP in Elderly DLBCL Patients: A LYSA Phase II Prospective Trial (Kraeber-Bodere, et al.)
Oral Session: Lymphoma – Therapy with Biologic Agents, excluding Pre-Clinical Models: Optimizing Current Treatment Strategies
Publication # 906: 8:45 a.m.
Immunomedics is a New Jersey-based biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the development of monoclonal antibody-based products for the targeted treatment of cancer, autoimmune and other serious diseases. We have developed a number of advanced proprietary technologies that allow us to create humanized antibodies that can be used either alone in unlabeled or "naked" form, or conjugated with radioactive isotopes, chemotherapeutics, cytokines or toxins, in each case to create highly targeted agents. Using these technologies, we have built a pipeline of therapeutic product candidates that utilize several different mechanisms of action. We also have a majority ownership in IBC Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which is developing a novel DOCK-AND-LOCK™ (DNL™) method with us for making fusion proteins and multifunctional antibodies, and a new method of delivering imaging and therapeutic agents selectively to disease, especially different solid cancers (colorectal, lung, pancreas, etc.), by proprietary, antibody-based, pretargeting methods. We believe that our portfolio of intellectual property, which includes approximately 206 active patents in the United States and more than 400 foreign patents, protects our product candidates and technologies. For additional information on us, please visit our website at www.immunomedics.com. The information on our website does not, however, form a part of this press release.
This release, in addition to historical information, may contain forward-looking statements made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements, including statements regarding clinical trials, out-licensing arrangements (including the timing and amount of contingent payments), forecasts of future operating results, potential collaborations, and capital raising activities, involve significant risks and uncertainties and actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied herein. Factors that could cause such differences include, but are not limited to, risks associated with any cash payment that the Company might receive in connection with a sublicense involving a third party and UCB, which is not within the Company's control, new product development (including clinical trials outcome and regulatory requirements/actions), our dependence on our licensing partners for the further development of epratuzumab and veltuzumab for non-cancer indications, competitive risks to marketed products and availability of required financing and other sources of funds on acceptable terms, if at all, as well as the risks discussed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company is not under any obligation, and the Company expressly disclaims any obligation, to update or alter any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
CONTACT: For More Information: Dr. Chau Cheng Senior Director, Investor Relations & Grant Management (973) 605-8200, extension 123 firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Immunomedics, Inc.