MIRAMAR, Fla., Nov. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq:SAVE) today starts new seasonal service to a variety of warm and sunny destinations and resumes seasonal service to favorite winter travel hot spots, including:
- New nonstop service to Tampa from Chicago – as well as resuming increased seasonal service to Tampa from Detroit and Fort Lauderdale, plus low fare connections to a variety of destinations throughout the Caribbean and Latin America.
- New nonstop service to Fort Myers from Boston, Dallas/Fort Worth and Minneapolis/St. Paul – as well as resuming seasonal service from Chicago, and increased frequencies from Detroit and Atlantic City.
- New nonstop service from Minneapolis/St. Paul to Fort Lauderdale and Fort Myers – as well as low fare connections to a variety of destinations throughout the Caribbean and Latin America.
- New nonstop service from Chicago to Phoenix/Mesa and Tampa – as well as resuming seasonal service to Fort Myers.
- Resuming seasonal service between Atlantic City and West Palm Beach.
- Resuming seasonal nonstop service between Detroit and Cancun, Mexico.
"Our new flights to a variety of favorite winter getaways are the perfect cure for the cold-weather blues – and you just can't beat our ultra low fares," said Spirit's Chief Marketing Officer Barry Biffle. "But you better book soon as these fares are sure to go fast."
"We're delighted to add this new low-cost option for nonstop flights to Chicago to our menu of offerings. We're continually working to provide air service that suits a variety of budgets and travel needs," said Chris Minner, Tampa International Airport's Vice President of Marketing. "And the timing of this launch couldn't be better, with winter weather approaching. I hope all of our Midwestern friends will consider taking advantage of these flights to experience some Florida sunshine."
"On behalf of Mayor Rahm Emanuel, we are pleased that Spirit Airlines continues to expand its routes at O'Hare," said Rosemarie S. Andolino, Commissioner of the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA). "Seasonal service is also an important component in the Mayor's vision to maintain Chicago's leading status in the aviation industry, as well as increasing job opportunities in our region."
"Spirit Airlines' new service to Fort Myers and Fort Lauderdale not only provides low-cost options for travelers looking for sunny Florida vacation destinations, but also offers one-stop access to Spirit's extensive service network in Mexico, South America and the Caribbean," said Jeff Hamiel, executive director/chief executive officer of the Metropolitan Airports Commission, which owns and operates MSP International Airport. "Just as important, the new service provides an affordable alternative for visitors to come to Minnesota and discover the many shopping, recreational and cultural resources we offer."
About Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq:SAVE) empowers customers to save money on air travel by offering ultra low base fares with a range of optional services for a fee, allowing customers the freedom to choose only the extras they value. This innovative approach grows the traveling market and stimulates new economic activity while creating new jobs. Spirit's modern fleet, configuration and other innovations enable Spirit to burn less fuel per seat than competitors, making Spirit one of the most environmentally-friendly U.S. carriers. Spirit's all-Airbus fleet currently operates more than 200 daily flights to over 50 destinations within the U.S., Latin America and Caribbean. Visit Spirit at www.spirit.com.
The Spirit Airlines logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=9737
CONTACT: Misty Pinson Director, Corporate Communications email@example.com 954-628-4827/cell 954-918-9432 Manuel Jaquez Senior Manager Commercial - Latin America firstname.lastname@example.org 954-628-4898