Employees worldwide log over 6,500 hours of community service, impacting more than 35 communities
CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- During the month of August, employees at AmWINS Group, Inc. participated in the firm’s second annual “Day of Service”, an initiative focused on enhancing the communities in which employees live and work. Throughout the entire month, AmWINS offices around the world put their day-to-day priorities aside and dedicated a day to volunteer with a local non-profit organization or charity event of their choice.
More than 1,200 employees collectively logged over 6,500 hours of community service as a part of this year’s effort, which resulted in more than 35 communities being impacted through a variety of different service projects. Some events that employees took part in were:
- Giving families in need a place to call home through building houses with Habitat for Humanity
- Helping put an end to hunger through sorting and organizing thousands of pounds of food at local food banks
- Helping local underprivileged children get ready for the new school year by filling backpacks with school supplies
- Giving local organizations a much needed makeover by painting and cleaning local schools, behavioral health centers and nontraditional therapy facilities
- Beautifying communities through cleaning up beaches and parks
Kristin Downey, Director of Human Resources for AmWINS, emphasized the importance of giving back to the community and what this opportunity means to the organization. “At AmWINS, we are very passionate about our company’s culture,” she said. “We strive not only to promote the principles on which our firm was built, but also to put those beliefs into action whenever we can. The Day of Service initiative unifies our employees across the globe around one common goal: the greater good of the community.
To view a photo gallery of AmWINS’ Day of Service projects, click here.
AmWINS Group, Inc. is a leading wholesale distributor of specialty insurance products and services with expertise across a diversified mix of property, casualty and group benefits products. With over 2,500 employees located in 18 countries, AmWINS handles over $7 billion in premium annually through our four divisions: Brokerage, Underwriting, Group Benefits and International.
AmWINS Group, Inc.
Leslie McNeice, 704-749-2891
Director of Group Communications and Advertising
Source: AmWINS Group, Inc.