Combined Solution Reduces Costs and Simplifies The Provisioning For Communications Services Using a Wide Variety of IP Phone Devices and Manufacturers
ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Metaswitch Forum 2012--
Edgewater Networks, Inc., a leading provider of Enterprise Session Border Controllers (ESBCs), and Metaswitch Networks, a leading provider of the software and solutions that power a whole new generation of communications services, today announced the availability of a joint offering aimed at service providers delivering VoIP services to enterprises. The solution combines Edgewater’s Voice-over-IP (VoIP) monitoring and installation solution, EdgeView, with Metaswitch’s MetaView solution. It enables service providers to easily provision and support enterprise environments where a heterogeneous mix of IP phone devices from different manufacturers are in use. These environments are costly to install and maintain as there is no standard interface across all of the manufacturers that can be used to automate provisioning or perform advanced diagnostics. The two products, EdgeView and MetaView, deliver simplified, scalable provisioning and enhanced visibility into the performance of today’s VoIP networks.
“Today’s service providers are challenged by the complexities of provisioning VoIP services due to the lack of a consistent, programmable interface across different IP phone devices and manufacturers,” said Dave Norman, Chief Executive Officer of Edgewater Networks, Inc. “As a result, VoIP services installations are often labor intensive, error-prone and expensive to scale in a manner that supports the business objectives of the service. Edgewater and Metaswitch have teamed up to ensure that service providers can now offer their enterprise customers a broad range of choice without compromising the quality of the service experience.”
The combined solution provides the following benefits:
- Plug & play IP phone installation: Edgewater’s EdgeView solution complements Metaswitch’s Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) solution by enabling the deployment of SIP-based IP phones from a wide variety of phone vendors such as Cisco, LG, and Polycom. The solution eases installation by allowing the end-user to simply plug a phone into a network powered by Edgewater’s EdgeMarc ESBCs and then follow a series of intuitive voice prompts. EdgeView then authenticates the user via Metaswitch’s Multimedia Telephony Application Server and automatically updates the phone’s software and the subscriber’s phone configuration. The customer is instantly on-line and ready to make calls.
- Improved out-of-box experience for end-users: The combined solution uses a series of easy to follow voice prompts that provide a substantial improvement over alternative methods of configuration.
- Seamless product integration using advanced APIs: The joint solution uses an authenticated API to hide systems complexity from network operators.
- Easy to add new phones: As new IP phone models are approved for the VoIP service, network operators use a template driven interface to provision qualifying phones.
- Real-time on-premise diagnostics: By deploying the joint management solution with Edgewater ESBCs at the customer premise, the service provider has remote access to a wealth of VoIP call quality performance statistics. These can be used to quickly identify and resolve problems the customer may encounter with their hosted VoIP service.
“Through the interoperability of our joint solution, Edgewater and Metaswitch now have the ability to provide our customers with the required infrastructure to deliver high quality voice and data services, increased uptime, and enhanced security,” said Ken Cavanaugh, director of business development at Metaswitch Networks.
With today’s announcement Metaswitch becomes a member of Edgewater’s Plug & Dial Alliance program that enables service providers to significantly shorten hosted VoIP installation times and simplify ongoing moves, adds and changes. In addition to offering interoperability between, and automated setup of, many leading brands of SIP-based IP phones, the Edgewater Plug & Dial Alliance program continuously tests new devices and adds them to the program.
About Edgewater Networks, Inc.
Edgewater Networks, Inc. is a leading provider of Enterprise Session Border Controllers that address the challenges to secure and reliable enterprise Unified Communications including device and protocol interoperability, security and policy management, troubleshooting and QoS. With more than 175,000 systems deployed worldwide to enterprises, carriers, cable operators, service providers and partners, Edgewater shipped over an estimated 25% of all enterprise session border controller sessions in 2011. www.edgewaternetworks.com
About Metaswitch Forum 2012
The annual Metaswitch forum brings together communication service providers, technology vendors and expert speakers from around the world. Presenting leading products, best practices, and innovative thinking, Metaswitch and our Mosaic partners are once again hosting more than 200 network operators at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel, Orlando, FL, for in-depth discussions on customer premise, network infrastructure and cloud-based solutions. This year’s event runs from October 1-4. For more information, visit www.metaswitchforum.com, search #MForum12 or follow @metaswitch.
K/F Communications for Edgewater Networks
David Fonkalsrud, 415-255-6506
Source: Edgewater Networks, Inc.