PLYMOUTH, Minn., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Primera Technology, Inc., a leading manufacturer of specialty printers, today announced that it is now offering a fast, networkable Ethernet connectivity option for its Signature Slide Printer. The announcement was made at the 2012 National Society for Histotechnology (NSH) Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Signature is the world's first and only direct-to-slide printer that is able to print in both black monochrome and color. The printer is used in medical, clinical and research labs to help increase efficiency and reduce the possibilities of specimen misidentification due to illegible handwriting or labels that can be misapplied or can fall off. Printed images are highly resistant to xylene, acetone, limonene, alcohol, water and other chemicals found in labs.
Ethernet connectivity can be accomplished either wirelessly with 802.11n/g or through a direct Ethernet cable connection. New and existing Signature Slide Printers are supported at data rates of up to 150 Mbps when using IEEE 802.11n wireless. For wired applications, a standard 10/100 Mbps Auto-MDIX Fast Ethernet port is provided.
Features and benefits of Signature Slide Printer include:
- Full-color, on-demand printing that lets lab technicians print only the slides they need to reduce the incidence of errors
- Elimination of messy, hard-to-read handwritten slides or hard-to-apply xylene-resistant labels that can fall off or be put on crooked and cause automation failures
- Cost savings due to reduced inventory and purchasing requirements since colors can be printed on plain white slides
- Compact design that enables desktop placement next to lab technicians and other lab equipment
- Included PTLab™ Standard Edition (SE) software, designed specifically for use in labs for slide printing, gets labs up and running in just minutes with a complete, stand-alone slide labeling system
- Optional PTLab Professional Edition (PE) and XE (Extended Edition) for interfacing to a wide variety of LIS (Laboratory Information System) software
- Xylene-, alcohol-, reagent-, stain-, heat- and chemical-resistant ink that facilitates clear labeling
- Standard high-speed USB 2.0 interface and optional wireless or wired Ethernet
"Signature Slide Printer is helping labs all over the world to become more efficient and improve patient safety," said Mark D. Strobel, Primera's vice president of sales and marketing. "With its new Ethernet wireless or wired network connection, multiple lab technicians can now send jobs to the printer. This makes cost-justification of the printer easier than ever before. It's now economically feasible for almost any lab to bring direct-to-slide printing into their facilities. You can add more printers as needed and as budgets allow."
Signature Slide Printer is easy to set up and operate, storing slides in cartridges to reduce the possibility of contamination and enabling quick cartridge changes to accommodate the need for various slide types. PTLab SE, PE and XE software is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and soon, Windows 8 operating systems. Printers are also available for 3rd-party integration, as are standalone systems that come with a printer, software, scanner, keyboard, mouse and mini-PC.
Primera's Signature Slide Printer offers a new and better way for pathology, cytology and histology labs as well as medical, education and research organizations to process and manage slides. Find out more about Primera Technology's range of affordable and efficient laboratory identification products at www.primerahealthcare.com. Watch a product video at http://youtu.be/DUEc9y2XCr4.
About Primera Technology
Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, USA, Primera Technology, Inc. is one of the world's leading specialty printer manufacturers. Its products are sold worldwide through Primera Authorized Resellers and Distributors in more than 167 countries.
More information about Primera's healthcare products is available on the Internet at www.primerahealthcare.com or by calling 1-800-797-2772 (USA and Canada). Outside of the USA and Canada, call (763) 475-6676 or FAX (763) 475-6677. E-mail to email@example.com.
For Europe, Scandinavia, Middle East and Africa, contact Primera Europe GmbH in Germany by phone at +49-(0) 611-92777-0, by FAX at +49-(0) 611-92777-50 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Asia Pacific, contact Primera Asia Pacific in Australia by phone at +61 3 8586 3030 or by email at email@example.com.
For Latin America, contact Primera Latin America in Brazil by phone at +55 11 26 26 80 17, by FAX at +55 11 39 58 04 88 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Primera Technology, Inc.