BETHLEHEM, Pa., Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PEEPS® Brand candies continue their starring role during Halloween moving beyond just trick-or-treat bowls to delicious desserts and eye catching crafts. One such recipe is for PEEPS® Chocolate Mousse Dessert Jars, seen below.
1 package of PEEPS® Chocolate Flavored Mousse Cats.
PEEPS® of your choice for garnish
Two 8-oz containers of whipped topping
1-cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-cup chocolate cookie crumbs
1 tablespoon butter
4 ramekins, cups or jars for serving
1. In a microwave safe bowl (or in a pan over low heat) combine chocolate chips, butter and two PEEPS® Chocolate Flavored Mousse Cats.
2. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds, remove to stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments until chocolate chips and PEEPS® have melted. Stir to combine. The mixture will be very thick. Allow mixture to cool for five minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine 8-oz container of whipped topping and melted chocolate mix. Mix with an electric mixer on low until well combined. Set aside.
4. In ramekins, cups or jars, sprinkle ¼ cup of cookie crumbs on bottom of container.
5. Gently spoon ¼ of chocolate mousse mixture into each container, on top of the cookie crumbs.
6. Top with additional whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Just before serving top each mousse cup with a Marshmallow PEEPS® of your choice. Makes 4 servings.
For more recipe and craft ideas, visit www.marshmallowpeeps.com. Fans can find PEEPS® at their favorite stores or at www.peepsandcompany.com where they can also find PEEPS®-themed merchandise and apparel.
Just Born, Inc. is a privately owned company founded in 1923 and headquartered in Bethlehem, PA, where it manufactures PEEPS®, HOT TAMALES® and MIKE AND IKE® Brand Candies. GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® Brand Candies are produced in Philadelphia, PA. All Just Born candies are made in the U.S.A.
SOURCE Just Born, Inc.