BOONTON, N.J., Oct. 1, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Even the most treasured traditional recipes can get boring year after year. Chef Regi Hise, Corporate Chef and Director of Culinary Development for Emmi Roth USA, recommends incorporating specialty or artisan cheeses into your recipes to turn old favorites into something unique and special.
"A good cheese is so flexible and can add a new dimension to the simplest dish. A cheese like Emmi's Kaltbach Cave-aged Le Gruyère® Switzerland AOC can take an everyday meal to another level." said Chef Hise.
A Swiss caved-aged cheese, like Emmi's cheeses matured at the natural sandstone caves in Kaltbach, has exceptional flavor. A relatively small amount of cheese packs huge amounts of taste into your recipes.
Chef Hise has added a "Swiss Twist" to plain old French toast bringing this humble dish to new heights.
Gruyère & Apricot Stuffed French Toast
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup flake cereal
1/3 cup almonds, sliced
¼ cup brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup whole milk
8 slices bread, trimmed crust
1/3 cup apricot preserves
5 ounces Kaltbach Cave-aged Le Gruyère® Switzerland AOC, sliced thin
- In a food processor, combine cereal, brown sugar and almonds. Pulse until crumbled and well blended. Place into a medium sized bowl and put to the side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and eggs together.
- Spread a tablespoon of preserves on each slice of bread.
- Place Kaltbach Cave-aged Le Gruyère® slices evenly on four slices of bread, at least ½-inch from the edges on top of the preserves.
- Place the remaining four bread slices atop (apricot facing in) of the slices with cheese. Press slices together lightly to make sure they stick together.
- Carefully dip bread into milk and egg batter, covering all sides, top and bottom of the bread. Once covered, place into crumbled cereal mixture and coat all sides, top and bottom of the bread. Make sure that the cereal mixture is packed firmly onto the bread.
- Pre-heat electric griddle or medium sauté pan to about 350° F. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place French Toast on griddle and cook for about 10 minutes until first side is lightly browned and crisped. Flip and cook on second side until lightly browned and crisped.
High quality cheese like those imported from Switzerland by Emmi add depth of flavor, whether incorporated into a simple recipe, served alongside crisp fall fruits or melted atop onion soup. This autumn is the perfect time to explore the many ways to enjoy this cheese.
Emmi Roth USA provides a wide variety of fine Swiss-style cheeses great for use in recipes or on their own. You can find them at your local grocer and online at Emmi.com.
PRESS: For more information about Emmi of Switzerland, please contact Allison Greco at The S3 Agency: 973-257-5533 or agreco@theS3agency.com
About Emmi Roth USA, Inc.
Emmi Roth USA, a subsidiary of Emmi Group, is a leading provider of specialty and artisan cheeses and premium fresh dairy products. Their expansive portfolio includes award-winning cheeses from Switzerland, Europe, and the United States, each crafted with pride from the freshest local milk. Key cheese brands include Kaltbach cave-aged, Grand Cru® and Buttermilk Blue®. Emmi Roth USA also features specialty dairy products, including Swiss Premium Yogurts. For more information about Emmi Roth USA, please visit Emmi.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following pictures are available for download:
|[Image]||Kaltbach Gruyere NEW parch|