NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Clinical Advisor announces the launch of a free app designed specifically for nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs). The app, available now from the iTunes App Store, lets health-care professionals stay up-to-date on the latest advances in diagnosis and treatment strategies, which helps clinicians provide exceptional care for their patients.
The Clinical Advisor app allows users to:
- Read all content from the print journal
- Take Derm Dx quizzes to learn about difficult-to-identify dermatologic conditions and compare responses with their peers
- Use medical calculators to evaluate blood pressure, determine body mass, assess liver function and more
- Read the latest news about breakthrough treatments, disease outbreaks, drug approvals and recalls, and clinical research
- View medical slideshows to educate patients in-office about clinically relevant topics
- Access hundreds of NP- and PA-specific accredited CME/CE courses from the myCME education library and claim certification instantly.
"The Clinical Advisor is the most read journal among NPs and PAs," said editor Joe Kopcha. "We've brought the same exceptional clinical content to a convenient, easy-to-use application that can be accessed at any time through a smart phone or tablet."
Haymarket Media Inc. teamed up with US Biomedical Information Systems (USBMIS) to develop the app, which is available for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) and can be downloaded at the iTunes App Store. An Android version is being developed and will be available later this year. More information is available at www.ClinicalAdvisor.com/app.
About Haymarket Media Inc.
The Clinical Advisor is published by Haymarket Media Inc. (HMI), a global publication and communications company with operations on five continents. Founded in 1957 and headquartered in the United Kingdom, HMI publishes titles in 23 languages in more than 100 nations. In the United States HMI publishes a number of health-care journals, including The Clinical Advisor, Monthly Prescribing Reference (primary care and specialty editions), and Renal & Urology News.
SOURCE The Clinical Advisor