Oct 1 (Reuters) - Equifax Inc :
* Began notifying some former employees of offer to pay pension benefits in
either a lump sum or a reduced monthly annuity
* Says expects to record a non-cash settlement charge in the quarter ending
December 31, 2012
* Says intends to fund the payments from existing plan assets.
* Offer to be made to about 3,500 vested participants in Equifax Inc U.S.
retirement income plan
* Equifax-group represents about 20% of co's qualified pension plan liabilities
which were about $630 million as of December 31, 2011
((Bangalore Equities Newsroom; +91 80 4135 5800; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780))
((For more news, please click here ))