CHELMSFORD, Mass., Oct. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kewill Ltd. a leading global provider of software solutions that streamline global trade and logistics, today announced the appointment of Robert "Bob" Farrell as CEO. Most recently, Mr. Farrell was president and CEO of EDGAR Online, a leading global provider of XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) software, services and data where he managed the sale of the company to RR Donnelly & Sons.
Prior to EDGAR Online, Bob was chairman and CEO of Metastorm, a global provider of business process management software and solutions that was acquired by OpenText. Farrell was president of the Americas for Mercator Software, a NASDAQ-listed provider of enterprise application integration software prior to Metastorm. He was also chief operating officer at LeadingSide, where he led day-to-day operations for the global provider of knowledge-driven information retrieval and also served as executive vice president of international operations at Computer Horizons, a worldwide provider of IT services and solutions to Fortune 1000 and government organizations. Earlier in his career, Bob held positions at several large organizations including E. F. Hutton, American Express and Grumman Data Systems.
- Farrell brings more than 30 years of global leadership in technology companies serving a wide range of markets.
- He was selected for this role after an extensive search by Francisco Partners, the private equity firm that acquired Kewill earlier in 2012.
- In addition to his experience as CEO, Bob has held operational and executive roles in marketing, sales and services, so he brings a broad view to preparing the company for its planned growth.
- Farrell has significant M&A experience and has a long track record of successful organic and acquisitive growth.
- Most recently Bob served as president and CEO of EDGAR Online, where he managed the sale of the company to RR Donnelly & Sons.
- Bob is a well-known industry speaker.
- "We are delighted to have Bob join Kewill as CEO," said Deep Shah, Partner with Francisco Partners, and Kewill board member. "Across our portfolio we are focused on leadership, integrity and growth. Bob brings those values and experience to Kewill. His track record as a thoughtful and successful leader is exceptional. We expect great things from him and his leadership team."
- "I'm very pleased to be a part of Kewill," stated Farrell, president and CEO of Kewill Ltd. "The company has a global market presence, a strong track record of success and, I believe, enormous opportunity for growth. The strategy and expertise that resides in the company, coupled with the support of Francisco Partners, puts us in an excellent position for great things."
VP, Marketing and Business Development
About Kewill Ltd.
Kewill is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable Logistics Service Providers and Shippers to move goods domestically and across international and global borders. Our products empower companies to connect and optimise the performance of their local, international and global transport and logistics operations. Kewill delivers world-class software in the areas of freight forwarding, customs and export compliance, parcel shipping, transportation & warehousing, eCommerce and B2B integration. Our customers rely on our innovative software and extensive domain knowledge to improve their business processes, information exchange and management visibility to drive revenue growth, deliver cost savings, improve profitability and meet the changing needs of their customers.
Established in 1972, Kewill has over 7,000 customers around the world including FedEx, Ford, Nestlé, Nike, Palm, Procter & Gamble, Parker Hannifin, Overstock.com, GE Healthcare Bayer, Black & Decker, DHL, Hankyu Hanshin, Hitachi, Ingersoll Rand, Mothercare, UPS, Scott's & Co. and TNT.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following pictures are available for download:
|[Image]||Bob Farrell Headshot|