LONDON, Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AT&T* has just completed an upgrade of Subsea 7's global IP-based virtual private network (VPN), effectively doubling the size of its network. The expanded network will now cover a total of 30 Subsea 7 sites worldwide.
Following the merger of Acergy and Subsea 7 in 2011 the company needed to integrate the two organisations' separate networks together, consolidating legacy sites to one central network as the global workforce increased to a total of 12,000.
- Subsea 7 is a leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the global offshore energy industry, with local presence in major offshore energy regions including:
- Africa, Gulf of Mexico and Mediterranean
- Asia Pacific and Middle East
- North Sea and Canada
- AT&T has worked with Subsea 7 for over five years, providing wide area network, hosting and global VPN services
- AT&T VPN has since been deployed globally across Subsea 7's sites in various geographies, including Australia, Brazil, Norway, the US, UK and Singapore
- Connecting the sites on a single, unified network has enabled employees to work more collaboratively and productively, providing access to shared resources and business-critical enterprise applications across the organisation
By implementing AT&T's VPN global network, Subsea 7 has been able to consolidate all voice, video, data and other applications on one central VPN.
"Making a smooth transition from two companies to one presents a variety of technical challenges. Our longstanding relationship with AT&T meant we knew we could rely on excellent customer service and counsel, as well as reliable delivery on technical needs such as network resilience and global reach," said Anders From, IT Director, Subsea 7.
"We're delighted to support Subsea 7 in their upgrade exercise and are confident the newly reinforced network will play a key role in improving their overall business agility," said Dave Langhorn, Vice President UK and Ireland, AT&T.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the largest 4G network in the United States, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTBusiness.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
About Subsea 7
Subsea 7 S.A. is a seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry worldwide. We provide integrated services, and we plan, design and deliver complex projects in harsh and challenging environments. www.subsea7.com
SOURCE AT&T Inc.