DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3w4jfx/principles_of) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Principles of Plant Genetics and Breeding" to their offering.
Principles of Plant Genetics and Breeding, 2nd Edition introduces both classical and molecular tools for plant breeding. Topics such as biotechnology in plant breeding, intellectual property, risks, emerging concepts (decentralized breeding, organic breeding), and more are addressed in the new, updated edition of this text. Industry highlight boxes are included throughout the text to contextualize the information given through the professional experiences of plant breeders. The final chapters provide a useful reference on breeding the largest and most common crops.
- Up-to-date edition of this best selling book incorporating the most recent technologies in the field
- Combines both theory and practice in modern plant breeding
- Updated industry highlights help to illustrate the concepts outlined in the text
- Self assessment questions at the end of each chapter aid student learning
- Accompanying website with artwork from the book available to instructors
Section 1 Overview and historical perspectives
Section 2 Population and quantitative genetic principles
Section 3 Reproductive systems
Section 4 Germplasm for breeding
Section 5 Breeding objectives
Section 6 Selection methods
Section 7 Molecular breeding
Section 8 Marketing and societal issues in breeding
Section 9 Breeding selected crops
The book is accompanied by a companion resources site with figures and tables from the book.
For more information, including full table of contents, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3w4jfx/principles_of
Source: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Source: Research and Markets