DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b3t8m7/uk_domestic_b2b) has announced the addition of the "UK Domestic B2B Express Parcels Distribution Survey 2011" report to their offering.
For around 26 years, Triangle's UK Domestic Express Survey has been the industry standard benchmarking survey for the express industry.
The survey focuses on regular B2B parcels shippers within the UK, tracking changes in service usage and customer perceptions of the leading carriers and their performance levels. For many senior executives in the express industry the study sets independent KPI's for internal management initiatives and provides an invaluable competitor benchmark comparison which can work alongside in-house research data such as carriers' own customer satisfaction surveys for example.
Every year the survey content reflects developments in the market place and allows for confidential questions from programme sponsors. In effect, Triangle's UK Domestic Express Survey provides bespoke research at multi-client prices.
Triangle incorporated a number of improvements for the survey in 2009 which will be continued for the 2010 survey. These are summarised below:
- Fixed quotas for primary carrier ratings, i.e. Used most often (previously used at all, see details below)
- Larger total survey size which in 2009 was 430 (previously 300)
- Potential for subscribing carriers to boost their quota size
- Shorter, more focussed questionnaire with a new Loyalty question (see below) and Share of Wallet question.
- Minimum of 50 parcels a month for respondent qualification
- Potential to include 2 confidential questions at no additional cost
- 2010 pricing maintained at 2008 levels, i.e. no increase for 3 years
The survey is based on fixed quotas for primary carrier ratings (i.e. carrier used most often), in order to guarantee robust results for each of the main carriers. A rating for the next most often used carrier is also captured, but no quota by carrier is set for them, i.e. these are random.
As in previous years the survey is conducted via in depth telephone interviews held in accordance with the Market Research Society Code of Conduct. The core sample is selected from a large data base of known users of parcel distribution services. Triangle's interviewers are experienced market researchers who have been involved with this study for many years, supported by CATI software.
Triangle has adopted a slightly shorter questionnaire in order to create a more focussed and higher quality interview. However, all the core strategic areas are maintained so as to ensure consistent trend data.
The Main Areas Covered by the Report Include:
- Market Metrics (average volumes, weights)
- Carrier Usage (most often used, others used in last 12 months/last 3 years, lapsed usage)
- Carrier awareness (other carriers not used, spontaneous & prompted)
- Carrier selection criteria
- Pricing changes
- Carrier performance ratings for the top two carriers (most often used and second most often used in volume terms) on Overall level of service plus five core attributes such as Price and Customer service
- Carrier descriptors for the top two carriers on eleven key statements
- Likelihood of recommending the primary carrier used (score 1-10 to develop a customer Loyalty Benchmark for the industry) and reasons for recommending
- Total spend and percentage of total spend with main carrier (Share of wallet)
- Intentions to change carriers
- Timed service usage
- Website usefulness
- Sales & marketing recall/rating
Key Topics Covered:
Sample Base Data
Company size, Location and Activity
Number of Parcels & Consignments Sent
Average Weight Profile
Results and Analysis
Awareness / Use of Carriers
Selection Criteria / Changes in Carrier Rates
Effect of Prices on Loyalty
Items Sent per Carrier
Annual Spend on Carriers
Overall Level of Service
Ratings & Performance Analyses (e.g. Price, Service, Image, Quality, etc)
Carrier Descriptors (e.g. Deliver on time, Damage, Staff, Pro-activity etc)
Service Improvements / Timed Services
Notification of Late / Non Delivery
Software / Internet Access & Usage
Loyalty indices per carrier
Trend Data (Five years for most categories above - availability only to continuous subscribers)
Carrier Service Profiles for 10 carriers/carrier brands
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b3t8m7/uk_domestic_b2b
Source: Research and Markets