LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Celebrated authors Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, Chef Charlie Ayers and Chip Conley are among the seven featured socially-responsible entrepreneurs and thought leaders who will be speaking at the third annual SEER SYMPOSIUM: CREATIVITY -- THE ENTREPRENEUR'S SECRET SAUCE TO SUCCESS on Friday, November 2, 2012 at Pepperdine University in Malibu, CA. The all-day event is free to the public (registration required) and offers a unique perspective on entrepreneurship, innovation, sustainability, and eco-business kindred themes.
SEER SYMPOSIUM also includes networking opportunities, a luncheon, reception and a book signing with Csikszentmihalyi, Ayers and Conley.
For more information, visit http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/events/seer-symposium.
Hosted by the Graziadio School of Business and Management, SEER SYMPOSIUM invites the business community, entrepreneurs and students to explore the nature of values-centered businesses. It examines the creative strategies these leaders use to design, define and differentiate their organizations by integrating corporate social responsibility (CSR), environmental stewardship, financial strength, and great products or services with deeply embedded ethical core values. These principles form the foundation of Pepperdine’s MBA Certificate in Socially, Environmentally and Ethically Responsible (SEER) Business Strategy, developed by the certificate program’s faculty lead Dr. Michael Crooke, an assistant professor of strategy at Pepperdine and a former CEO of Patagonia.
- SEER SYMPOSIUM: Creativity -- The Entrepreneur's Secret Sauce to Success
- Friday, November 2, 2012 (8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
- Pepperdine University, Drescher Auditorium, 24255 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90263-4392
- DR. MICHAEL CROOKE, Assistant Professor of Strategy, Pepperdine University; DR. LARRY COX, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship, Pepperdine University; SALLY MCCOY, President and CEO, CamelBak, Board President, Conservation Alliance; COURTNEY REUM, Founder, VeeV; TOM SCOTT, Founder, Nantucket Nectars, Founder and Chairman, the Nantucket Project, Filmmaker, Daddy Longlegs; CHEF CHARLIE AYERS, Founding Executive Chef, Google, Author, “Food 2.0: Secrets from the Chef Who Fed Google”; CHIP CONLEY, Founder and Former CEO, Joie de Vivre, Author, “Emotional Equations: Simple Truths for Creating Happiness + Success”; and DR. MIHALY CSIKSZENTMIHALYI, Professor of Psychology, Claremont University, Author, “Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience”
- (310) 568-4100, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management
Founded on the core values of integrity, stewardship, courage, and compassion, Pepperdine University’s Graziadio (GRAT-ZEE-ah-DEE-oh) School of Business and Management has been developing values-centered leaders and advancing responsible business practice since 1969. Student-focused, experience-driven, and globally-oriented, the Graziadio School offers fully accredited MBA, Masters of Science, and bachelor’s completion business programs. More information found at http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/newsroom/.
Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management
Douglass Gore, Director of Public Relations
Source: Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management