OpManager, DeviceExpert, Password Manager Pro Upgrades Debut to Oracle Audience
- OpManager: Real-time IT performance monitoring
- Password Manager Pro: Records privileged sessions to protect against insider threats
- DeviceExpert: CMDB integration for holistic, completely consolidated NCCM
- Stop by booth #100 to see Applications Manager support for Oracle environments
SAN FRANCISCO & PLEASANTON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Oracle OpenWorld — ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today debuted key product portfolio enhancements to Oracle OpenWorld 2012 attendees. In addition to its flagship network monitoring software (NMS), OpManager, the company has upgraded its network configuration and change management (NCCM) solution, DeviceExpert, and enterprise password management software, Password Manager Pro. The moves renew the ManageEngine call for real-time IT management of business critical applications and services running in Oracle shops.
ManageEngine will showcase the latest upgrades along with Applications Manager and the rest of its integrated IT management portfolio in booth #100 at Oracle OpenWorld 2012, being held September 30-October 4, 2012, at Moscone Center in San Francisco.
IT environments are growing more complex, requiring new tools and approaches to ensure an optimal response to enterprise needs. Without real-time responsiveness and end-to-end visibility into all aspects of the enterprise infrastructure, IT can suffer huge losses that damage a company’s share and brand value. By providing Oracle shops with a real-time, single-pane-of-glass approach to IT management, real-time IT maintains an optimum end-user experience in the face of increasing complexity.
“Oracle OpenWorld is the perfect venue for championing the real-time IT management message,” said Raj Sabhlok, president of ManageEngine. “Oracle users subject their infrastructure to some of the industry’s most extreme performance, security and uptime demands. And we’ve engineered our product set to meet those demands across the board. From applications management to network management and NCCM to traffic analytics and integrated IT management, we continue to set — and reset — the bar for our customers.”
ManageEngine at Oracle OpenWorld
At Oracle OpenWorld, ManageEngine will highlight the latest enhancements to its network monitoring, NCCM and password management solutions:
- OpManager gains real-time performance monitoring (beta) – OpManager now includes an agent that monitors Windows services, processes and event logs of mission-critical applications such as Exchange, SQL and IIS — all in real time. In turn, any fault or performance issue immediately raises an alarm in OpManager to help identify IT issues the moment they arise and troubleshoot as soon as possible. OpManager is the first enterprise network monitoring product outside of HP, IBM and CA software to offer per-second monitoring. Agents for Linux and Mac will be added later.
- DeviceExpert facilitates integration with CMDB for completely consolidated NCCM – New REST APIs enable third-party software to directly integrate with DeviceExpert and add, access and extract data. Moreover, the APIs facilitate DeviceExpert integration with an enterprise Configuration Management Database (CMDB), so users can leverage network monitoring, configuration management, and change control in complete alignment with the enterprise CMDB, keeping it up to date with respect to device configurations and resulting in better management of network assets. This functionality is also extended to the OpManager NCCM plug-in, which helps IT teams accelerate fault remediation through workflow-driven network automation.
- Password Manager Pro adds privileged session recording (beta) – Privileged sessions launched from Password Manager Pro can now be video recorded, archived and played back to support forensic audits. By monitoring all actions performed by privileged accounts during privileged sessions, enterprises can counter threats to information security that arise from outside as well as inside the corporate firewall. The new feature reinforces the software’s existing internal control capabilities and its ability to secure, manage and monitor all activities associated with the entire lifecycle of privileged passwords, including those of Oracle DB servers, in fully automated fashion.
In addition, ManageEngine will demonstrate the rest of its real-time IT management portfolio at the show, including:
- Applications Manager is application performance monitoring software that helps businesses ensure high availability and performance for their business applications by ensuring servers and applications have high uptime. It comes with out-of-the-box support for 50+ application servers, servers, databases and transactions spanning physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures. For Oracle users, Applications Manager supports monitoring of Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Application Server, Oracle and MySQL databases and Oracle JRockit JVM.
- NetFlow Analyzer is a powerful traffic analytics, bandwidth monitoring and network forensics tool offering capabilities such as IP SLA reporting, QoS reporting, Medianet reporting, WAAS reporting, IPv6 support and more. It has also passed the interoperability verification testing for IP SLA, WAAS, NetFlow and Medianet monitoring and is certified ‘Cisco Compatible.’
- IT360 provides a dashboard that delivers a 360-degree view across IT to proactively monitor performance. It is designed to monitor and manage IT infrastructures for medium and large enterprises, and it adds a business context to monitoring IT resources to help the various stakeholders understand the impact of downtimes on the business. IT360 comprises network performance, server and application performance, database performance, and end-user experience management for IT operations and an ITIL helpdesk for IT service management, all in one product. In addition to direct use by enterprises, IT360 is also available for MSPs who offer IT management-as-a-service.
Pricing and Availability
Real-time performance monitoring is available immediately in the beta release of OpManager. Network automation is available immediately in the beta release of the latest NCM plug-in for OpManager. Users can download the beta version via the OpManager beta program. OpManager Enterprise Edition prices start at $16,495 for 500 devices. The NCM plug-in starts at $795 for 10 devices. Download OpManager at http://www.manageengine.com/network-monitoring/download.html.
REST APIs are available immediately in DeviceExpert 5.8 with prices starting at $795. DeviceExpert is available for download at http://www.manageengine.com/products/device-expert/download.html. A fully functional, 30-day trial version is also available for download.
Privileged session recording is available immediately in the beta release of Password Manager Pro 6.7. In addition to a Free Edition and a fully functional, free 30-day evaluation edition, Password Manager Pro is available in paid editions with prices starting at $495 per year. All editions can be downloaded at http://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/download.html.
For more information on ManageEngine, please visit http://www.manageengine.com; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
Related ManageEngine News
- ManageEngine Monitors Windows Azure with Applications Manager; http://ow.ly/dwiGV
- ManageEngine Brings VMware vCenter, Desktop Management Features to IT360; http://ow.ly/d1PJd
- IT Customers Weather “Summer of Hackers” Protected by ManageEngine Password Manager Pro; http://ow.ly/d7F7o
- ManageEngine Ships OpManager 9.2 Network Monitoring Platform; http://ow.ly/c97iJ
- ManageEngine Joins the Cisco Developer Network as a Registered Developer and Completes Cisco Interoperability Verification Testing; http://ow.ly/aUqwN
- ManageEngine Adds Device End-of-Life Management to DeviceExpert; http://ow.ly/8vznN
About ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager is complete, end-to-end network monitoring software that offers customizable dashboards and advanced fault and performance management functionality across critical IT resources such as routers, WAN links, switches, firewalls, VoIP call paths, physical servers, virtual servers, domain controllers and other IT infrastructure devices. For more information on ManageEngine OpManager, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/opmanager.
About ManageEngine DeviceExpert
ManageEngine DeviceExpert is a web–based, multi-vendor Network Configuration and Change Management (NCCM) solution for switches, routers, firewalls and other network devices. Trusted by thousands of network administrators around the world, DeviceExpert helps automate and take total control of the entire lifecycle of device configuration management. For more information on DeviceExpert, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/device-expert.
About ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
Password Manager Pro is a secure vault for storing and managing shared sensitive information such as passwords, documents and digital identities of enterprises. The benefits of deploying Password Manager Pro include eliminating password fatigue and security lapses by deploying a secure, centralized vault for password storage and access; improving IT productivity many times by automating frequent password changes required in critical systems; providing preventive and detective security controls through approval workflows and real-time alerts on password access; and meeting security audits and regulatory compliance such as SOX, HIPAA and PCI. For more information on Password Manager Pro, visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/passwordmanagerpro/.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 60,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
ManageEngine is a trademark of Zoho Corp. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: ManageEngine, real-time IT, Zoho, OpManager, DeviceExpert, Password Manager Pro, Applications Manager, NetFlow Analyzer, IT360, Oracle OpenWorld, password management, network monitoring, NCCM, network configuration and change management, device configuration management, integrated IT management, traffic analytics, network forensics, cloud monitoring, virtualization, cloud, IT management, business service management, application performance monitoring, user experience monitoring, network management, server management
Dottie O’Rourke, 650-344-1260