CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A unique global executive MBA program – OneMBA® – offered by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School (UNC) and in partnership with four other top business schools on four continents is celebrating its 10th anniversary.
The rigorous 21-month program began in September 2002, and today has more than 1,000 alumni in senior leadership positions in over 50 countries around the world.
Five premier universities representing four continents worked together as equal partners to create OneMBA, a program that prepares executives for global leadership. Students learn from professors and classmates from all five partner schools:
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Tecnologico de Monterrey Graduate School of Business Administration and Leadership (EGADE) in Mexico
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) in the Netherlands
- CUHK Business School, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Escola de Administracao de Empresas de Sao Paulo da Fundacao Getulio Vargas (FGV-EAESP) in Brazil.
This collaborative partnership launched OneMBA as a new model for a truly global executive MBA education that both transcends and takes advantage of regional differences.
"OneMBA is a pioneering program that is unsurpassed in preparing executives for the rigors of global business and leadership," said Peter Brews, OneMBA associate dean at UNC Kenan-Flagler.
As it marked its anniversary, OneMBA opened its 10th class with 122 professionals, the largest since the beginning of the program. The Class of 2014 began their studies in Washington, D.C., and later will study together at other schools in Asia, Europe and South America. During the program they will experience:
- Learning with their peers through global virtual teams
- A global curriculum covering business issues in developing and developed nations
- Global residencies in Europe, Asia and both North and South America featuring local faculty and business leaders
- A global network of professional peers, business leaders, faculty and administration
- A modular format that recognizes the flexibility required by working professionals
- A rigorous MBA education from top-ranked business schools around the globe
Anniversary celebrations included an alumni reunion in September in Washington, D.C. It featured an executive development program and a dinner at which Katty Kay, BBC World News America anchor and co-author of "Womenomics," gave the keynote address. More than 300 OneMBA students, alumni, faculty, administrators and guests attended the celebratory dinner.
To learn more about OneMBA, visit www.OneMBA.org and click here to view a video of faculty around the world congratulating the OneMBA Program. For more information, contact Christine Ferrell, UNC Kenan-Flagler director of marketing and business development, at 919-962-2499 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE University of North Carolina, Kenan-Flagler Business School