LYON & GRENOBLE, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Aguettant, a pioneer in drugs for injection since 1903, invests in the field of biotechnologies. Aguettant Biotech, a fully-owned subsidiary of Aguettant Santé, acquires a majority stake in the equity of PX’Therapeutics.
PX’Therapeutics, a specialist in protein engineering and development of protein and antibody therapeutics from the early research stage through to the preclinical and clinical phase I/II production, will benefit greatly from joining Aguettant group. The company will expand and further strengthen its services to customers by increasing its manufacturing capabilities to industrial scale, to support late-stage clinical studies and commercial scale production.
Through this operation, Aguettant creates a capability to develop biotechnology products in the future, alone or in partnership with other companies.
PX’Therapeutics will remain autonomous in its business and fully dedicated to customers’ projects. PX’Therapeutics co-founders, Tristan Rousselle and Nicolas Mouz, will stay as minority shareholders. The company’s management remains under the direction of Tristan Rousselle.
- Family-owned pharmaceutical company based in Lyon, France
- Sales over € 85 M over the past 12 months, of which more than 20% abroad
- 3 development axis:
- designing and industrialising innovative drug delivery systems for enhanced security in emergency medicine,
- offering a range of essential micro-nutrients capable of preventing and curing critical deficiencies,
- taking care of patients suffering from severe symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Main project in progress: building a new R&D and manufacturing unit with the prospect of boosting innovation capabilities and enhancing international growth.
- Based in Grenoble and in Lyon, France
- Established in 2000
- Over 50 employees
- Turnover : € 4 M + € 4.5 M of other revenues (2011)
- 190 clients – 60% of the turnover is generated from customers outside France
- Over 800 recombinant protein and monoclonal antibodies projects performed so far – several clinical batches produced are currently in phase I and II clinical trials in Europe and the USA.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50427548&lang=en
Phone : +33 4 78 61 47 69
Fax : +33 4 78 61 09 35
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +33 4 38 02 36 59
Fax : +33 4 76 96 10 38
Email : email@example.com