Third Party Application Providers Can Now Leverage the Nominum N2 Platform to Tap Vast DNS Data for Rapid Development, Integration of Innovative Applications and Unprecedented Collaboration with Network Operators
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nominum™, the world’s leading provider of subscriber, network, and security solutions for network operators, today announced the Nominum IDEAL™ Partner Program. The program is designed to certify software application providers, communications service providers, system integrators, managed service providers, and hardware OEMs and enable direct offering of their pre-integrated technology solutions to Nominum’s worldwide customer base and the millions of consumers and businesses they service.
The fast-growing community of third party application providers is a key piece of Nominum’s IDEAL ecosystem, which was announced on September 25. Once certified, application providers can integrate their software into the Nominum N2 Platform to help network operators both gain insights from the 1 trillion plus DNS queries processed daily by Nominum software and take action in the network based on those insights. Examples of such actions might include subscriber messaging, network traffic management and blocking botnets and outbound spam.
- Guavus NetReflex: Provides multi-dimensional analytic insights from disparate silos of streaming and existing warehoused data that improve network operational efficiencies and provide detailed customer insight.
- Damballa CSP: Provides detection and real-time blocking of advanced malware and botnet threats from any device on the network.
- Nixu NameSurfer: Provides IP Address Management overlay for all Nominum engines and facilitates integration with application deployment workflows
“Nominum has made it possible for network operators to leverage insights from a huge data set that was previously very difficult to see and use,” said Eric Carr, vice president of analytics at Guavus. “We are excited to offer one of the first applications within Nominum’s IDEAL ecosystem that integrates their DNS data sets with other critical usage data to deliver valuable insights that enable better operational efficiencies and improved customer experience.”
“We are excited to join forces with Nominum in the fight to protect consumers and businesses from botnets and advanced malware threats,” said Stephen Newman, vice president product management at Damballa. “As part of the IDEAL ecosystem, Damballa CSP not only detects threats that pose risk to ISP and Telco subscribers, but now also mitigates these threats and assists to remediate the infected users using a single unified platform.”
The process to become certified in the Nominum IDEAL Partner Program can be found here. The benefits of being a certified Nominum IDEAL partner include:
- Access to the partner-only portal containing documentation, FAQ’s, and support contact processes
- Access to development software licenses
- Access to the Nominum Software Developer’s Kit with APIs and sample code to interface with all of our solutions
- Full technical support to complete development and integration
- Access to training on all of Nominum’s interfaces and integration best practices
- Access to Nominum’s interoperability testing lab
- Receipt of “Certified by Nominum” Logo upon validation of integration
- Joint marketing opportunities with Nominum’s network operator customer base
- Participation at Nominum events (e.g. tradeshows, roadshows, etc.)
“The launch of this program is a key component of our IDEAL ecosystem and it is terrific to work with other companies who share our same goal of creating strategic solutions for network operators,” said Brian McElroy, vice president of business development and marketing at Nominum. “From talking to our customers, we heard a need for more options around how to utilize insights from network and subscriber activity for faster monetization. Our open N2 Platform allows for more choice, faster time to deploy, more features and functionality, and ultimately a lower total cost of ownership for network operators."
To learn more about Nominum’s IDEAL Partner Program, please visit: http://www.nominum.com/partners/overview/
Nominum is the worldwide leading provider of subscriber, network and security solutions for network operators. Nominum is the provider of the N2 Platform that leverages over a trillion DNS queries daily and enables the rapid development and seamless integration of applications that leverage DNS data. These applications are generated by the Nominum IDEAL ecosystem, an open ecosystem of application providers. The combined value of the N2 Platform and the IDEAL ecosystem provides network operators with the ability to deliver a differentiated subscriber experience with cost efficiency and agility. Nominum is a global organization headquartered in Redwood City, CA.