DALLAS, Oct. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In an effort to continually grow their businesses, both organically and through share-capture in a highly competitive landscape, commercial kitchen operators across America are striving to deliver excellent food experiences faster and more efficiently without compromise to food quality or flavor. Technology breakthroughs from the commercial cooking equipment sector in support of these efforts have been few and far between, save from one serial innovator.
Now, from Phil McKee, the inventor of the original TurboChef oven, the first entry in what became an entirely new class of products referred to as accelerated cooking technologies today, comes his next step-change innovation in cooking technologies. As founder and CEO of Ovention, Inc., Mr. McKee is introducing the Matchbox oven, built around a revolutionary change in product handling and oven management that enables a level of cooking performance, throughput, menu diversity and ease-of-use never before seen from a single device.
"This cooking platform delivers benefits that operators can't get from any other cooking device," said McKee. "When I founded Ovention, we had one goal in mind: to bring world class innovation to commercial operators to help them dramatically grow their businesses. To meet that goal, you have to be willing to break through pre-conceived technology limitations if you are to create new solutions to the old problems that have doggedly hampered operator growth. The Matchbox does that in spades."
The Matchbox features two cooking surfaces that broil, bake, grill or toast with speed and precision. The dual cooking surfaces and state-of-the-art temperature controls make the oven suitable for use across a variety of cooking applications and kitchen environments, including those found in convenience stores, fast-casual restaurants, pizza chains, burger joints and even fine dining. The Matchbox will make its first public appearance at the NACS Show in Las Vegas Oct. 8-10 inside the Hatco booth (#3067). Hatco serves as contract manufacturer of the ovens for Ovention, Inc.
Benefits of the Matchbox include:
- Superior Cooking: Imagine cooking a breakfast sandwich, pizza, fresh veggies, chicken Panini sandwich, chocolate chip cookies and fresh shrimp one after another, perfectly and nonstop.
- Immediate Variable Temperatures: Change temperatures by up to 100 degrees instantly; cook at 450 degrees, bake at 375 degrees and then cook again at 465 degrees in a matter of seconds.
- Self-Loading/One-Touch Controls: Thanks to a breakthrough in product handling and oven management, the Ovention Matchbox establishes a new standard in ease-of-use.
- Faster Service Times: The Ovention Matchbox moves food quickly in and out of the oven. Food is done much faster than if cooked in any conventional oven platform.
- Lower Operating Cost: Ovention ovens are so efficient, energy usage and heat extraction costs drop by 50 percent, saving thousands of dollars annually.
- No Hood Required: With Ovention's revolutionary closed cooking system and UL certified vent-less operation, operators can install the Matchbox anywhere, including stacked on one another.
- Smaller Kitchen Footprint: Variable cook times, temperatures and heat profiles mean the Matchbox does the work of conveyor, convection and toaster ovens, as well as broilers, grills and Panini presses.
- No Microwaves: Food quality is exceptional when cooked in an Ovention Oven, even though service times are comparable to traditional rapid cook ovens.
"It's rare when innovative technologies break into an otherwise mature space, let alone result in the creation of an entirely new category of equipment in the way Phil did with TurboChef," said John McDonough, CEO at Heritage Food Service Group, Inc. and former president of the ITW Food Equipment Group. "He's doing it again with this new Matchbox oven. It's the smartest, most operator-friendly innovation the industry has seen in over a decade, and it stands alone in terms of its versatility and performance."
More information on the Matchbox oven and Ovention can be found at OventionOvens.com.
About Ovention Inc.
Ovention™ is a company driven by award-winning innovation, integrity and an intense desire to solve problems that others walk away from. That spirit of innovation has produced a series of ovens, including the revolutionary Matchbox oven, which meet the real world needs of commercial operators. Ovention founder and CEO Phil McKee is the former co-founder of TurboChef Inc., where he and his team created the original TurboChef oven and pioneered the Accelerated Cooking sector. Find out more about Ovention at OventionOvens.com.
SOURCE Ovention Inc.