Available Today for Only $49.99, Fans can Revisit the Iconic Universes of Tiberium, Red Alert, Generals and Receive Early Beta Access to the Next Command & Conquer Game
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Welcome back Commander! Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) announced that Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection, a compilation of all 17 games in the #1 selling real-time strategy franchise of all time, is available today at participating retailers in North America and digitally on Origin™. Updated for Windows® 7 and Windows Vista, Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection is available at an amazing value of only $49.99 and will also give the strategy gamer on your holiday gift list early access to the upcoming beta for the new Command & Conquer coming in 2013.
“Command & Conquer holds a special place in the hearts of many strategy gamers around the world,” said Jon Van Caneghem, Vice President and General Manager, Electronic Arts. “We’re excited not only to be giving our fans a chance to return to their favorite universes this year, but also to introduce the series to gamers who have not yet experienced the fun, legendary games that Command & Conquer is known for.”
Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection includes every game ever released in all three Command & Conquer universes:
- Tiberium – The universe that started it all, the Tiberium series is set in the early 21st century amidst an epic clash for planetary control between the Global Defense Initiative, the Brotherhood of Nod and later the alien Scrin. Games in the Tiberium series include:
- Command & Conquer
- Command & Conquer™ The Covert Operations™
- Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™
- Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™ Firestorm™
- Command & Conquer Renegade™
- Command & Conquer™ 3 Tiberium Wars™
- Command & Conquer™ 3 Kane’s Wrath
- Command & Conquer™ 4 Tiberian Twilight
- Red Alert – Travel to an alternate universe where the cold war between the Soviets, the Allies and later, the Empire, is still raging. Known for a tone that is more comical and over-the-top, the Red Alert series includes the following games:
- Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ Counterstrike™
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ The Aftermath™
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2
- Command & Conquer Red Alert™ Yuri’s Revenge™
- Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3
- Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ 3 Uprising
- Generals – Take the helm of one of three sides – the US, China or the Global Liberation Army – in a modern warfare setting that features bleeding-edge military weaponry.
- Command & Conquer™ Generals
- Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour
The Command & Conquer real-time strategy series has broken new ground in the genre over the last 17 years and 17 games by combining fast, fluid and fun action with cerebral and strategic gameplay. The franchise has also recently launched the browser-based, free-to-play Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances (http://TiberiumAlliances.com), which recently surpassed over one million registered players. Up next for fans is the new free-to-play game, Command & Conquer. Coming in 2013, Command & Conquer will be an online destination for fans of the franchise and will deliver a high-quality, AAA real-time strategy experience, with high octane action and amazing visuals powered by Frostbite™ 2.
For more information about Command & Conquer The Ultimate Collection, and next year’s free-to-play Command & Conquer, please visit www.CommandandConquer.com. Fans can follow the game on Twitter® at http://twitter.com/OfficialCnC or "Like" Command & Conquer on Facebook® at http://facebook.com/commandandconquer. Press assets are available at www.info.ea.com.
About Command & Conquer
The groundbreaking Command & Conquer franchise was one of the first to introduce players to the modern RTS genre, has spawned over a dozen PC titles, and is the #1 best-selling real-time strategy franchises of all-time according to the NPD Group. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars was the number #1 selling PC RTS of 2007 and won numerous awards, including the "Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year" award from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. Additionally, Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 and Command & Conquer Generals were the number one best-selling* PC RTS titles in 2000 and 2003 respectively. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 won the 2008 "Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year" award from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences. Collectively, the series has sold more than 30 million units worldwide to date. Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances, recent entry in EA’s Play4Free portfolio of games, is a massively multiplayer online (MMO), browser-based, free-to-play strategy game that recently surpassed one million players since launching in May 2012. The franchise boasts one of the largest and most active fan communities in the world. For more information on Command & Conquer series, please visit www.commandandconquer.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 220 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2012, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.1 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at http://info.ea.com.
Command & Conquer, Command & Conquer Red Alert, The Covert Operations, Counterstrike, The Aftermath, Tiberian Sun, Firestorm, Yuri’s Revenge, Command & Conquer Renegade, Origin, The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield and Frostbite are trademarks of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Source: Electronic Arts