DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8k4w6h/harnessing_green) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Harnessing Green IT. Principles and Practices" to their offering.
This book presents a holistic perspective on Green IT by discussing its various facets and showing how to strategically embrace it
Harnessing Green IT: Principles and Practices examines various ways of making computing and information systems greener - environmentally sustainable -, as well as several means of using Information Technology (IT) as a tool and an enabler to improve the environmental sustainability. The book focuses on both greening of IT and greening by IT - complimentary approaches to attaining environmental sustainability. In a single volume, it comprehensively covers several key aspects of Green IT - green technologies, design, standards, maturity models, strategies and adoption -, and presents a clear approach to greening IT encompassing green use, green disposal, green design, and green manufacturing. It also illustrates how to strategically apply green IT in practice in several areas.
- Presents a comprehensive coverage of key topics of importance and practical relevance - green technologies, design, standards, maturity models, strategies and adoption
- Highlights several useful approaches to embracing green IT in several areas
- Features chapters written by accomplished experts from industry and academia who have first-hand knowledge and expertise in specific areas of green IT
- Presents a set of review and discussion questions for each chapter that will help the readers to examine and explore the green IT domain further
- Includes a companion website providing resources for further information and presentation slides
This book will be an invaluable resource for IT Professionals, academics, students, researchers, project leaders/managers, IT business executives, CIOs, CTOs and anyone interested in Green IT and harnessing it to enhance our environment.
- San Murugesan.
- G. R. Gangadharan.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8k4w6h/harnessing_green
Source: John Wiley and Sons Ltd
Source: Research and Markets