DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5fx887/myanmar_burma) has announced the addition of the "Myanmar (Burma) - Telecoms, Mobile and Internet" report to their offering.
This report provides an overview of the trends and developments in the telecommunications markets in Myanmar (Burma)
- Myanmar's mobile market has grown fivefold in the last four years, with growth running at over 100% in 2011.
- Of course, this mobile subscriber growth has been from a low base and the reported 1.2 million mobile subscribers early in 2012 still only constituted a penetration of less than 3%.
- Fixed-line subscriber numbers have been growing erratically (published figures revised downwards); overall penetration remained low, down around 1% by 2012.
- Internet penetration also continues to be disconcertingly low with accurate figures hard to obtain.
- Internet user penetration was around 1% by 2011; at the same time internet subscribers were particularly tiny in number with penetration below one subscription per 1,000 of population.
- Although broadband services were also small in number, one positive aspect has been the progressive introduction of a variety of platforms, including more recently WiMAX services.
- It was also a positive that fixed broadband constituted around 84% of all fixed internet connections;
- On the regulatory front 2012 has seen the announcement of a major move to liberalise the market;
- The initial round of proposed reforms were to see some new operating licences issued, allowing international companies to participate in joint ventures with the government to build telecom infrastructure and to offer telecom services.
Note: Market highlights for the Myanmar market are based to some extent on estimated figures and conjecture as official information has not been made available or has been found to be contradictory.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Key statistics
2.1 Country overview
2.2 Political and social changes in Myanmar - 2007 - 2012
3. Telecommunications market
3.1 Overview of Myanmar's telecom market
4. Regulatory environment
4.2 Proposed liberalisation
5. Telecommunications infrastructure
5.1 National infrastructure
5.2 International infrastructure
6. Data market
7. Internet market
7.3 Internet cafes
7.4 Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX)
8. Broadcasting market
9. Mobile communications
9.1 Overview of Myanmar's mobile market
9.3 Third Generation (3G) development
9.4 Mobile operator
9.4.1 Myanmar P&T (MPT)
9.5 Mobile services
For more information, including full table of contents, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5fx887/myanmar_burma
Source: Research and Markets