– Customers can now tap into the power of social collaboration and meet compliance, recordkeeping and e-discovery obligations –
PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Smarsh, the managed service leader in secure, innovative and reliable email archiving and compliance solutions, today announced it has launched Archiving & Compliance for Chatter on Salesforce.com's AppExchange, the world’s most popular cloud marketplace for social apps for business. Archiving & Compliance for Chatter enables organizations to capture, preserve, search, supervise and produce organizations’ Chatter files and communications in support of compliance, recordkeeping and e-discovery initiatives.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, the world’s leading cloud platform for social and mobile business apps, Smarsh Archiving & Compliance for Chatter is immediately available for download on the AppExchange at www.salesforce.com/appexchange/ and can be activated by contacting Smarsh directly at 1-866-762-7741 or email@example.com.
Comments on the News
- “Companies of all sizes are looking to enable Chatter so their employees can collaborate and communicate with their co-workers worldwide. Until now, many organizations have perceived the e-discovery and compliance burden too large of an adoption barrier,” said Sam Kolbert-Hyle, Smarsh vice president of business development and strategic initiatives. “Smarsh has leveraged our leadership in archiving and compliance to introduce the e-discovery, recordkeeping and compliance solution that these firms need to turn Chatter on.”
- “Companies around the globe are transforming the way they connect with customers, partners and employees through social and mobile cloud solutions,” said Mike Rosenbaum, senior vice president AppExchange and Force.com Operations, salesforce.com. “Partners such as Smarsh are leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform to provide customers with the right tools to accelerate their success in the cloud.”
- “Recent ESG research shows that concerns about regulatory compliance are one of the major inhibitors to adoption of Social Enterprise products,” said Tom Petrocelli, senior analyst at Enterprise Strategy Group. “Providing this capability for enterprise social networks such as Chatter needs to be a primary focus for vendors and IT alike.”
Product Key Features
By the end of 2013, Gartner predicts that 50 percent of all companies will be asked to produce content from social media websites for e-discovery. To reduce risk, companies must capture and retain content from social media sites—whether internal or external to the organization—and produce messages and content in a timely manner.
Smarsh Archiving & Compliance for Chatter allows organizations to capture, search, supervise, preserve and produce Chatter activity for compliance and e-discovery. Smarsh customers and Chatter users can now:
- Capture Chatter posts, comments, shares, files, file versioning, direct messages and profile updates in the archive in real time
- Search across all objects within the Chatter news feed and review entire threads of messages for the context of posts, comments and files
- Search alongside other message types, such as email, instant messaging and social media, in one consolidated destination
- Leverage a full supervision audit trail, which tracks each message review session and actions taken on specific messages
- Utilize the proprietary Smarsh Virtual Compliance Officer® for automated tagging and classification of messages as they enter the archive, enabling more efficient and effective message review
- Apply retention policies and legal holds, and export only the necessary data in multiple formats securely and directly to outside counsel, regulatory examiners or third-party e-discovery systems during litigation or e-discovery events
- Preserve Chatter communication on non-erasable, non-rewriteable media in its native, unaltered format to meet recordkeeping and compliance obligations
About the Salesforce Platform and the AppExchange
The Salesforce Platform is the world’s most trusted and comprehensive cloud platform for building social and mobile cloud apps. It powers Salesforce CRM, more than 2.3 million custom apps built by customers and more than 1,700 apps developed by partners in its ecosystem. Social apps for business built on the Salesforce Platform can be easily distributed and marketed through salesforce.com’s AppExchange.
Salesforce, AppExchange and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc.
Smarsh® provides hosted solutions for archiving electronic communications, including email, instant messaging and social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Founded in 2001, Smarsh helps organizations manage and enforce flexible, secure and cost-effective compliance and records retention strategies. For more information, visit www.smarsh.com or follow Smarsh at www.twitter.com/SmarshInc.
Ken Anderson, 503-946-6044
Source: Smarsh Inc.