GXP2200 Sets the Stage for Flexible Android Applications on Desk Phones
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Favorable among users and developers alike, the Android™ operating system is the most popular and fastest growing open source mobile operating system worldwide. Today, Grandstream Networks, the leading manufacturer of IP voice/video telephony and video surveillance solutions, announced a new course in business communication solutions with the introduction of the GXP2200 Enterprise Application Phone for Android that transfers user familiarity and the power of mobile smartphone technology to the desktop. This new smart HD desktop phone for enterprises and SMBs is Grandstream’s first SIP phone and one of only a handful of IP Phones in the world running on the Android platform.
Blending innovative IP telephony with a wide variety of advanced Android applications, the GXP2200 allows vertical industry businesses (such as retail, hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare, etc.) to easily create and deploy advanced custom business applications on their desktop for enhanced communications, security, as well as better productivity and customer service.
Key Feature Highlights
The GXP2200 Enterprise Application Phone for Android is the industry’s most full-featured smart desktop phone available today. Key highlights include:
- Android operating system 2.3 (Gingerbread) based, with access to tremendous 3rd party applications (such as Skype, Google Voice, Microsoft Lync client, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, Yahoo Flickr, Google Calendar, Angry Birds, weather, news, etc.)
- 6-lines with up to 6 SIP accounts
- 480x272 capacitive touchscreen TFT color LCD with multi-touch control
- Wideband HD audio, with support for most of the popular voice codec (G.722/G.711/G.729/etc.), audio codec (AAC/MP3/WMA/Real/etc.), video codec (H.264/H.263/MPEG4 decoding), and video streaming from mobile phones/IP video phones/IP cameras (such as Grandstream’s GXV31xx series video phones and GXV35xx/36xx series IP surveillance cameras)
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports (10/100/1000 Mbps) with integrated PoE
- Integrated Bluetooth for phonebook/data exchange and call transfer with Bluetooth enabled mobile phones and Bluetooth headsets
- USB and SD port for applications/photos loading and call recording
- 6-way conferencing, large phonebook of up to 1000 contacts, and up to 500 call records
- Up to 4 cascaded extension modules with LCD display supported
- Advanced security and privacy protection using HTTPS, TLS, SRTP, AES
- Electronic Hook Switch (EHS) support for Plantronics handsets
- Integrated Webkit based high performance Web browser
- Advanced SDK/API for custom application development and deployment control
- 11 native languages supported
“The proliferation of Android technology has offered the enterprise communications market an opportunity to embrace the rapidly expanding applications on mobile phones and tablets,” said David Li, CEO of Grandstream Networks. “We’re excited to announce the GXP2200, our first Android-based HD IP phone, that extends the power and innovations of Android apps onto a mainstay of business communications – the desktop phone. The GXP2200 is a breakthrough solution that not only gives businesses a high quality HD phone inherently rich in IP telephony features but also takes it a step further with the ability to flexibly deploy, tailor, and develop custom applications to improve business operations.”
- GXP2200 Product Information (includes product video)
Pricing and Availability
A limited quantity of GXP2200 samples with pre-release firmware is available for purchase by the end of October. The GXP2200 will be generally available with official firmware for volume purchase in November 2012 through Grandstream’s worldwide distribution channels at a list price of US$239 (North America). For other regions, please contact your local Grandstream distributors/resellers.
ABOUT GRANDSTREAM NETWORKS
Founded in 2002, Grandstream Networks is the leading manufacturer of IP voice/video telephony and video surveillance solutions. Grandstream serves the SMB and consumer markets with innovative products that lower communication costs, increase security protection, and enhance productivity. Our open standard SIP-based products offer broad interoperability in the industry, unrivaled features, flexibility, and price-performance competitiveness. Visit www.grandstream.com for more information or connect with us on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc.
Phil Bowers, 617-566-9300
Source: Grandstream Networks