Combined Ixia Anue NTO and AFM solution cuts network traffic load in half to provide greater actionable visibility into network, application and security performance
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) introduced its Anue Advanced Feature Module 16, which provides advanced packet processing technologies to eliminate redundant network traffic, secure sensitive data and enhance monitoring tool effectiveness. It is the industry’s first solution designed specifically to enhance network and application performance at large enterprises and data centers.
“Across the healthcare industry, data is becoming an increasingly important part of patient care — and the only thing growing faster than the size and speed of data in our hospital network is the need for monitoring,” said Ross Jones, network manager at Cook Children’s Health Care System. “The Ixia AFM’s de-duplication functionality helped us improve the efficiency of our existing monitoring tools — doubling our network visibility by eliminating half of our data traffic.”
News highlights: AFM16 and software upgrades optimize monitoring tool performance
The AFM16 and Network Visibility Operating System v3.7 are available for the high-density Anue NTO solutions. Together they ensure that the network traffic delivered to application, network performance and security monitoring tools is optimized to provide accurate and efficient monitoring:
- The AFM16 works with the custom dynamic filtering capabilities of the Ixia Anue NTO 5288 to filter and eliminate redundant data packets generated by SPAN ports, TAPs and port mirrored virtual traffic before they reach monitoring tools, significantly improving tool performance.
- The combined AFM16 and Anue 5288 NTO solution:
- Hosts up to four 16-port advanced feature modules, allowing up to 640 Gbps of non-blocking advanced packet processing in a 2-RU chassis.
- Eliminates duplicate traffic before it reaches the monitoring tools, improving tool performance and accuracy.
- Helps customers meet SOX, HIPAA and PCI compliance by trimming sensitive data from packets prior to analysis and storage.
- The Ixia Anue NTO management software v3.7 unifies management across all Anue NTO platforms while offering the following additional features to improve overall network visibility:
- Standard VLAN stripping on all ports, which enables a great number of tools to be used for traffic analysis.
- Custom Dynamic Filtering enables filtering on nonstandard attributes.
- Remote authentication by RADIUS and Microsoft Active Directory eases user management, enables collaboration and improves security posture.
“Big Data is nothing new when it comes to network monitoring, where tools can easily be overwhelmed by the volume of packet data to be analyzed,” said Jim Frey, managing research director at Enterprise Management Associates. “High-capacity, high-density advanced packet processing via network monitoring switches, such as the Anue NTO/AFM16 solution with its de-duplication and packet slicing features, is an essential step forward for extending the life of packet-based monitoring tools while managing monitoring costs in data centers large and small.”
To learn more about Ixia’s Anue AFM16 and the Anue Net Tool Optimizer, stop by booth #531 at Interop New York, currently taking place at the Javits Convention Center. At the event, Ixia’s Larry Hart and Chip Webb will lead an industry conversation titled “Big Data, Big Visibility, Big Control” on Oct. 3 at 2 p.m. ET.
About the Ixia Anue NTO 5288
The Ixia Anue NTO 5288 allows data center teams to filter and direct data from multiple visibility ports to multiple tools using an intuitive management interface. The Anue NTO 5288 is designed to help large enterprises monitor the increasing number of 1G, 10G and 40G ports with existing monitoring tools.
By aggregating data from multiple network access points, the Anue NTO products deliver critical production network traffic to essential monitoring tools and, as a result, give network operators a competitive business advantage. Mobile carriers can easily access end-to-end analysis of the architected network, validate their field applications, and provide improved customer support and service assurance.
Ixia provides the industry’s most comprehensive converged IP network validation and network visibility solutions. Equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises and government agencies use Ixia’s solutions to design, verify and monitor a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi and 3G/LTE equipment and networks. Ixia’s test solutions emulate realistic media-rich traffic and network conditions so that customers can optimize and validate the design, performance and security of their pre-deployment networks. Ixia’s intelligent network visibility solutions provide clarity into physical and virtual production networks for improved performance, security, resiliency and application delivery of cloud, data center and service provider networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia Editorial Contact:
Andrea Zack, 512-600-7140