Tangoe MDM v12.2 delivers seamless end-to-end mobile management support
ORANGE, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Tangoe, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNGO), a leading global provider of Communications Lifecycle Management (CLM) software and related services, today announced the release of Mobile Device Management (MDM) software version 12.2 (MDM v12.2). The latest enhancements deliver a seamless end-to-end solution for mobile device provisioning, security and policy enforcement, mobile application management (MAM), secure enterprise content management, mobile device containerization, and real-time expense management, all via a centralized and redesigned user interface. In addition, the latest MDM solution suite is accompanied by a comprehensive array of enterprise-grade MDM managed services.
“The proliferation of mobile devices, combined with pressure from employees to adopt ‘bring your own device’ (BYOD) functionality, has dramatically expanded the scope of IT capabilities that encompass enterprise mobility management. Today’s businesses require more than single-point software solution capabilities. They require bottom-line results and a scalable partner enabling them to efficiently and accurately manage their mobile communications environments,” said Wayne DeCesaris, senior vice president of Managed Solutions, Tangoe. “Tangoe MDM 12.2 is a comprehensive solution that creates a seamless user experience; streamlines activation and deployment of devices; and provides management and visibility of devices, applications, content, and expenses in a secure, centralized manner.”
IT management is challenged to balance employee demands—which encompass “device of choice,” access to enterprise resources via customized business applications, and real-time collaboration—while protecting corporate data and preventing unnecessary costs. Tangoe MDM v12.2 enables compliance enforcement that not only protects enterprise infrastructure and data, but also reduces wireless costs while securely empowering mobile employees to be more productive and efficient. Specifically, new and enhanced capabilities of Tangoe MDM v12.2 include:
- Tangoe MDM Integration with Tangoe Wireless Telecom Expense Management (TEM) Portal: By integrating the device procurement process within TEM with the device management process, Tangoe MDM v12.2 can ensure that only devices approved by procurement are provisioned. Conversely, Tangoe’s Wireless TEM platform can receive application lists, device memory status, and real-time usage statistics from Tangoe MDM v12.2. This two-way integration provides a seamless user experience for end-to-end mobile policy compliance, and it reduces administrative cycles when approved mobile devices are procured via Tangoe’s Wireless TEM portal.
- Security and Policy Compliance: Through patented rules framework automation, Tangoe MDM v12.2 enables a wide array of mobile security capabilities including secure VPN and WiFi communication, IT policy and password enforcement, device blocking, remote lock, wipe, reset, and locate functionality — all from a single command and control center. Enforcement spans corporate liable (CL) and individual liable (IL) devices by limiting access to Exchange for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile devices until the device is in compliance with corporate requirements. Tangoe has also extended its support of enterprise security standards, such as security assertion markup language (SAML) for seamless user authentication and the ability to access multiple enterprise resources via single sign-on.
- End-User Self Help: Tangoe MDM v12.2 delivers an end-user self-service portal that enables self-registration, self-help support tools, and self-administration. Tangoe MDM v12.2 enables provisioning instructions and account administration by device type, providing customized self-help tools to mobile users.
- Application Management: Tangoe MDM v12.2 enables secure delivery of public and custom-built, approved applications for business, employee, and shared devices through an IT customizable enterprise “app” portal. It also allows mobile device blocking filters based on the presence or absence of an application, delivering complete compliance for mobile applications on the device in order to protect enterprise infrastructure and data.
- Content Management: Tangoe MDM v12.2 offers the ability for authorized users to securely access, browse, preview, edit, and search files on corporate file servers and SharePoint servers. Tangoe MDM v12.2 enables approved smart devices to have the capability for secure syncing, and sharing of documents along with end-to-end mobile data governance without compromising the native user experience.
- Containerization: Tangoe MDM v12.2 now enables device containerization, which separates corporate and personal data on iOS and Android smart devices. The platform secures corporate data, protects against malware, and prevents unauthorized access via security policies that are tailored by employee group and distributed to devices over the air.
- Real-Time Expense Management (rTEM): Tangoe MDM v12.2 incorporates rTEM functionality that enables IT staff to monitor, report, and analyze data, voice, SMS and roaming consumption across an organization’s entire mobile fleet in real-time. It delivers usage alerts and reporting of the device’s “plan vs. billing” status, a GEO-fence boundary crossing alert for asset management, and IT administrator alerts when a device is roaming and approaching usage limit thresholds.
- New User Interface: The Tangoe MDM v.12.2 user interface has been completely redesigned for seamless navigation, offering enhanced user/device list management, profile management, and integration with enterprise resource sections. The new interface allows IT administrators to quickly gauge the status of their entire MDM environment, including information about blocked devices, inventory, applications, and alerts.
IT departments face a growing array of challenges and technology choices resulting from an ever-changing mobile landscape. In support of these challenges, Tangoe also delivers managed services that optimize and manage the lifecycle of mobile enterprise communications resources including: solution hosting, administrative services, end-user help desk, and on-site MDM administrative support.
For more information on Tangoe’s suite of communications lifecycle management solutions, visit www.tangoe.com.
Tangoe (NASDAQ: TNGO) is a leading global provider of Communications Lifecycle Management (CLM) software and services to a wide range of global enterprises. CLM encompasses the entire lifecycle of an enterprise’s communications assets and services, including planning and sourcing, procurement and provisioning, inventory and usage management, mobile device management, invoice processing, expense allocation and accounting, and asset decommissioning and disposal. Tangoe’s Communications Management Platform (CMP) is an on-demand suite of software designed to manage and optimize the complex processes and expenses associated with this lifecycle for both fixed and mobile communications assets and services. Tangoe’s customers can also manage their communications assets and services by engaging Tangoe’s client service group.
Additional information about Tangoe can be found at www.tangoe.com. Tangoe is a registered trademark of Tangoe, Inc.
PAN Communications, Inc.
Susan Frechette, 617-502-4300
Source: Tangoe, Inc.