LOS ANGELES, October 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
MedTech Cardio 2012 (http://www.medtechcardio.com) is the only industry forum focused on cardiovascular device design and manufacturing. The conference takes place over two days on October 30 and 31, 2012 at the Minneapolis Convention Center, alongside the MD&M Minneapolis exposition for medical devices.
MedTech Cardio 2012 is proud to host Dr. Dave Albert, a dynamic and inspirational speaker that was featured at his hometown TEDx conference TEDxOKC 2011. Dr. Albert's talk at MedTech Cardio 2012 will explore the consumerization of medical devices and how advances in mobile technology can expand the reach and the diagnostic capabilities of cardiologists and improve treatment for cardiovascular diseases.
In an exclusive interview with Brian Buntz, MD+DI Editor-at-large and Conference Chair of MedTech Cardio 2012, Dr. Albert shares his thoughts on the paradigm shift happening in cardiology. At the MedTech Cardio 2012 Conference, he will explore in depth the implications of the consumerization of cardiovascular devices and how medtech developers can capitalize on this emerging trend. To learn more about this conference, visit http://www.medtechcardio.com or follow @MedTechCardio
Dr. Dave Albert is a pioneer in mobile technology for medical devices. He was one of the inventors of the AliveCor Heart Monitor for the iPhone® 4 / 4S, that became a global sensation via a 4-minute Youtube video leading up to the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show. Among the first test-drivers of the AliveCor Heart Monitor is the world-renowned cardiologist Dr. Eric Topol (seevideo). Dr. Albert left GE in 2004 as Chief Scientist of GE Cardiology to disrupt several new markets and is now a founder of InnoAlarm, Lifetone and AliveCor. As a physician, inventor, and serial entrepreneur, he has developed medical and other life-saving technologies and products over the last 30 years. Owning an indefatigable entrepreneurial spirit, Dr. Albert is ahead of his time in his medtech innovation and reinvention of healthcare via mobile technology.
Other speakers at MedTech Cardio 2012 include:
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Francis Duhay, Chief Medical Officer, Edwards Lifesciences
- Dr. Peter Fitzgerald, Director of the Center for Cardiovascular and Associate Professor of Cardiology, StanfordUniversity and Member of the FDA Medical Device Advisory Board
- Josiah Wilcox, Chief Scientific Officer for the CardioVascular Group, Medtronic
- Bridget Hurley, Director R&D, Abbott Vascular
- Sanjeev Kulkarni, R&D Fellow, Boston Scientific
- Syed Hosssainy, Director Innovation Incubator, Abbott Vascular
- Susan Silavin, Director Regulatory Affairs, Abbott Vascular
To view full speaker line-up, visit http://www.medtechcardio.com
Topics at MedTech Cardio 2012 include:
- FDA compliance, updates on 510(k) and user fees for high-risk cardiovascular devices
- Recently proposed UDI rules, track-and-trace capabilities for quality control
- Biomaterial trends, biocompatibility of materials, new biomedical woven textiles
- Nanotechnology and future DES design, ePTFE coating technique
- Cardiovascular regeneration/tissue engineering
- Sensor-enhanced CRMs and minimally invasive catheters
- Consumerization of cardiovascular devices
MedTech Cardio (http://www.medtechcardio.com) is developed by the MD&M exposition (http://www.canontradeshows.com), in association with MD+DI (http://www.mddinonline.com), a leading publication for OEMs of medical devices and diagnostic products. MedTech Cardio 2012 is co-located with the MD&M Minneapolis exposition and conference. For more information about the MD&M Minneapolis event, visit http://www.mdmminn.com. Cite code MJ when registering
Use of the AliveCor Heart Monitor has not yet been approved or cleared by the FDA.
SOURCE UBM Conferences