WARREN, N.J., Oct. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq: ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company is shipping production volumes of its ALT6181 multimode multiband power amplifier (MMPA) to Samsung Electronics for the new Galaxy Express smartphone available soon through AT&T. The Galaxy Express features a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED display, 5 megapixel camera,1.5 GHz processor, and Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system.
ANADIGICS' MMPAs provide a best-in-class combination of performance and integration by leveraging the Company's exclusive InGaP-Plus™ technology and patented design architectures. This solution delivers a competitive advantage to mobile device manufacturers by offering high efficiency to extend battery-life, as well as quad-band GSM/EDGE and dual-band WCDMA/LTE functionality in a single package to minimize printed circuit board (PCB) space requirements.
"We are extremely pleased to have been selected by Samsung for the Galaxy Express," said Jerry Miller, vice president of Wireless Mobile Products at ANADIGICS. "Multimode multiband smartphones that provide GSM/EDGE, WCDMA, and LTE functionality represent a growing segment of the wireless market as demand for high speed data continues to increase. ANADIGICS is well positioned to capture share in this segment by leveraging our advanced technology and design expertise to provide OEMs and ODMs with highly integrated solutions that help save space, extend battery-life, and reduce time-to-market."
ANADIGICS' ALT6181 MMPA features an integrated voltage regulator, separate single-ended RF chains, and high directivity couplers in a compact 5 mm by 7.5 mm package. WCDMA/LTE linearity specifications for bands 1, 5, 6, 18, 19, and 26 have been enhanced, while ensuring that critical harmonic, noise and intermodulation performance results in superior mobile device performance. The ALT6181 MMPA provides optimal WCDMA/LTE efficiency across all power levels, without the use of a DC-DC converter. This MMPA delivers high GSM/EDGE efficiency at all power levels.
ANADIGICS MMPA Key Facts and Highlights:
- Outstanding WCDMA/LTE Performance
- >40% efficiency in high power mode combined with >20% efficiency in low power mode
- Best-in-class linearity at maximum output power
- Exceptionally low quiescent current of 4 mA
- Exceptional GSM/EDGE Performance
- High GSM/EDGE efficiency at all power levels
- EDGE mode is optimized for the best combination of linearity and efficiency
- Meets stringent modulation mask requirements under all conditions
- Industry-Leading Integration
- Quad-band GSM/EDGE and dual-band WCDMA/LTE in a single package
- Compact, low profile 5 mm by 7.5 mm x 0.9 mm package
- Internal voltage regulation
- Integrated RF couplers
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANAD) delivers integrated radio frequency (RF) solutions that OEMs and ODMs demand to optimize the performance of wireless, broadband and cable applications across all major networks and standards. ANADIGICS features a diverse portfolio of highly linear, highly efficient RFICs. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, the company's award-winning products include power amplifiers, tuner integrated circuits, active splitters, line amplifiers and other components that can be purchased individually or packaged as integrated RF and front-end modules. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
SOURCE ANADIGICS, Inc.