Lemoyne, Pa., Store Rooted in Innovation, Offers Wide Range of Resources for Customers Seeking Health and Wellness Information and Products
CAMP HILL, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Rite Aid has unveiled the next generation of its wellness store format in Lemoyne, Pa. Located less than a mile from the company’s headquarters in Camp Hill, the store underwent a major renovation and now features the company’s latest version of the wellness store format. Community officials will join Rite Aid at a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the store, located at 1137 Market Street, today at 10 a.m., to commemorate the grand re-opening of the store.
“We know our customers’ health and wellness needs are always changing,” said Ken Martindale, Rite Aid chief operating officer. “As such, it’s important that we change with them and are able to evolve and innovate across all areas of our operations. Here in Lemoyne, we’ve taken our successful wellness store format to the next level, which we think will help us continue to be the pharmacy of choice when it comes to health and wellness information, products, and services.”
Since introducing the wellness store format in 2011, Rite Aid has continuously modified and enhanced the design. In line with Rite Aid’s commitment to providing services, products and resources to help its customers and their families live healthier lives, the next generation of wellness stores will continue to focus on wellness empowerment, as more consumers seek information and advice on how to manage their health and pursue wellness. Rite Aid intends to incorporate elements of this wellness store design in upcoming store remodel and relocation projects. The company has approximately 570 wellness stores to date and expects to have a total of nearly 800 wellness stores by the end of its fiscal year in February 2013.
Customers will immediately notice the new look of the store, starting from the outside. The exterior of the store features wood grain paneling, adding a warm and welcoming feel to the customers as they approach the store. The features of the store, such as the 24-hour pharmacy, drive-thru services and GNC department, are listed right on the front wood paneling so customers know at first glance exactly what’s inside.
The inside of the store has also undergone a major transformation and features a new look, with a softer, more inviting layout making it easy for customers to find what they are looking for, complete with contemporary, new décor and signage including:
- Ceiling rings that clearly designate each section of the store such as beauty, food, home care and seasonal
- Lighting fixtures and brand headers across the beauty department
- A relaxing, warm color palette with soothing wood tones and softer lighting
The pharmacy department – the core of Rite Aid’s business – now features an eye-catching look that embodies Rite Aid’s dedication to wellness. In addition to a wooden path leading directly to it, the pharmacy department has been cleared of all merchandise to create a more open and welcoming environment. Located nearby is the GNC department and a newly designed smoking cessation department, both important health areas where Rite Aid pharmacists provide counsel to customers.
Other new features in the store include:
- Vision Center – a new, easy-to-use, interactive kiosk that allows customers to conveniently order prescription glasses and contact lenses online for home delivery and offers eyeglass frames to try on
- Diabetic Diagnostic Center – a one-stop shop for diabetics and their caregivers that offers everything needed to manage diabetes, including blood test meters and testing strips
- Men’s Grooming – an expanded area with a new Axe display where customers can use an iPad to sample a new look
- Nail bar – this unique display showcases top brands and the latest polish colors
- Hair care aisle – hands-on displays where customers can see and feel the items before purchase
- Grab and go cooler – at the front of store for quick pick up of milk, eggs and other convenience items
The Lemoyne wellness store also offers the best of the original Rite Aid wellness store format from Wellness Ambassadors – who work closely with Rite Aid pharmacists and are specially trained to provide customers with information on over-the-counter medications, vitamins and supplements – to expanded clinical pharmacy services with pharmacists specially trained in diabetes care, immunizations and medication therapy management. A consultation room is also available for customers to speak privately with their Rite Aid pharmacist about their medication regimens or receive an immunization.
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains with more than 4,600 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia and fiscal 2012 annual revenues of $26.1 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company’s website at www.riteaid.com.
Rite Aid Corporation
Matt Schroeder, 717-214-8867
Ashley Flower, 717-975-5718
Source: Rite Aid Corporation