New Features Provide Added Customization Options, Easier Multi-Tasking Functionality, and Enhanced Communication and Sharing Capabilities
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today, Pantech announced the availability of Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for AT&T’s Burst and Element users. These updates further enhance the suite of performance and usability features offered on each device, with a focus on customization tools, a refined user interface, and new photo capturing and communication functions.
“Pantech is pleased to continue empowering its customers with the latest mobile technology,” said Wyatt Whaley, vice president of product planning at Pantech Wireless. “It’s imperative to us that we consistently provide users with devices and services that are tailored to their mobile needs. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich furthers that with Burst and Element, two of our most popular products.”
A value-centric, full-featured 4G LTE smartphone, Burst is equipped with a vivid 4” Super AMOLED screen and 1.5 GHz dual-core processor. Burst is currently available at AT&T for $0.99 with a two-year service agreement. Android 4.0 for Burst unlocks a set of new features, including but not limited to:
- Improved user interface with updated lock screen, Quick Settings, Detail Settings, and enhanced multitasking and notification functionality
- Enhanced home screen canvas switcher edit functionality (in the preview of home screen panels, users can change a main home screen panel)
- A new Recent Apps button that allows users to transition instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar
- More powerful web browsing experience with customizable zoom levels and font-sizes
- Enriched camera capabilities such as Self-Mode and Panorama Capture, and added time-lapse video recording
- Improved text input and spell-checking for faster and more accurate messaging
- Support for Native Sync of AT&T Address Book
Burst’s upgrade is available via computer download. To download Android 4.0 for Burst, please visit, http://www.pantechusa.com/upgrade/burst/.
Element, Pantech’s durable tablet is waterproof and splash-proof, so users can avoid incidental water damage. Operating at the speed of 4G LTE, Element is built to meet the need of entertainment, work, and social demands. Element is exclusively available at AT&T for $399.99. The tablet’s Android 4.0 upgrade includes, but is not limited to:
- Ability to customize the number of home screens (up to five home screens)
- Ability to combine and organize app shortcuts into app folders
- A redesigned Settings menu that is easier to navigate
- An enhanced Setup Wizard with added training information about the device
Element’s Android 4.0 update is available via tethering with a computer. To upgrade Element, please visit, http://www.pantechusa.com/upgrade/element/.
About Pantech Wireless, Inc.
Pantech Wireless, Inc., an Atlanta, GA-based subsidiary of Pantech Co., Ltd., researches, markets and develops wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America as part of the Pantech Group. Pantech is currently the mobile sponsor of the Dew Tour, a national action sports tour. For additional information, visit the website at www.pantechusa.com and connect socially on Facebook and Twitter.
Source: Pantech Wireless, Inc.