Experts to Present Outlook and Offer Projections at Annual Winter Fuels Conference
WASHINGTON, Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being released by the National Association of State Energy Officials:
2012 - 2013 Winter Fuels Outlook Conference
Sponsored by the
U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability and the U.S. Energy Information Administration
Hosted by the National Association of State Energy Officials
What: Speakers at the annual Winter Fuels Outlook Conference will address these questions and more:
- How will electric generators react to anticipated coal price reductions relative to natural gas?
- What impacts will the economic situations in Europe and China have on energy markets?
- How will oil and natural gas prices affect regions using heating oil and propane?
- What winter weather events will shape the demand for heating and transportation fuels?
- How will shale gas production influence domestic supplies and prices?
- How will Middle East political uncertainties impact crude oil prices?
- Adam Sieminski, Administrator, U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Patricia Hoffman, Assistant Secretary, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, U.S. Department of Energy
- Alice Lippert, Senior Technical Advisor, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability, U.S. Department of Energy
- Michael Halpert, Deputy Director, Climate Prediction Center, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Edward L. Morse, Managing Director, Global Head of Commodity Research, CitiGroup
- Bruce Henning, Vice President, Energy Regulatory and Market Analysis, ICF International
- Tom Reddoch, Energy Utilization Research Manager, Power Delivery and Markets Sector, Electric Power Research Institute
- Tom Van Buren, Senior Vice President, Ferrell North America
- John Kneiss, Director, North America and Government Affairs, Hart Energy Consulting
- Charles Wesley, Program Manager, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- David Binkley, Economic Analyst, Michigan Public Service Commission
When: Wednesday, October 10, 2012, 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. ET
* EIA Short-Term Energy Outlook and Press Briefing, 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. ET
here: National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor, Holeman Lounge, Washington, DC 20045
For more information contact: Shemika Spencer, NASEO (email@example.com/703.299.8800 x15)
SOURCE National Association of State Energy Officials