Washington, DC – The National League of Cities (NLC) will hold its 2012 Congress of Cities and Exposition Conference, November 28-December 1 in Boston, MA. The conference brings thousands of city officials together from across the country to share resources to learn new innovations to help move their communities forward.
This year's conference program will focus on three overarching strategies for cities:
- Building Sustainable Communities: Attendees will learn how to develop the partnerships and strategies to go beyond traditional standalone investments and move toward integrated approaches that facilitate connected, intelligent and sustainable communities.
- Promoting Strong Local Economies: Highlighting successful strategies to help individuals build 21st century workforce skills and to spur, support, attract and retain businesses to help foster vibrant business communities within cities.
- Strengthening Neighborhoods and Families: Practical skills, tools and resources focusing on a set of interrelated issues essential for building healthy families, safe and supportive neighborhoods and engaged communities.
The conference will also offer a range of learning and networking opportunities to participants including mobile tours highlighting successful programs from the City of Boston, along with the traditional keynote speakers, workshops, peer networking sessions, an extensive Exhibit Hall with the latest products and services for municipal governments and information on innovative programs for cities and towns through a City Showcase.
For additional conference information and a detailed conference schedule visit: www.nlccongressofcities.org.
Members of the media are invited to attend the conference. For more information or to request a free press pass, contact Gregory Minchak, 202-626-3003, Minchak@nlc.org or Ally Freeman, 202-626-3186, Freeman@nlc.org.
What: National League of Cities' Congress of Cities & Exposition
Who: Keynote speakers include:
- William C. Taylor, co-founder and Founding Editor, Fast Company Magazine
- Jen Pahlka, founder and Executive Director, Code for America
- Wes Moore, The New York Times Best-Selling Author and host of "Beyond Belief" on the Oprah Winfrey Network
- Mayor Thomas M. Menino, City of Boston
When: November 28 - December 1, 2012
Where: Boston Convention and Exposition Center, Boston, MA
The National League of Cities is the nation's oldest and largest organization devoted to strengthening and promoting cities as centers of opportunity, leadership and governance. NLC is a resource and advocate for 19,000 cities, towns and villages, representing more than 218 million Americans.
/PRNewswire-USNewswire -- Oct. 4, 2012/
SOURCE National League of Cities