UNION CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Move over, garbanzo beans. Retailers looking to energize the deli case are gaining new options from La Terra Fina, makers of some of the best-selling refrigerated spreads in the country. Hailed by the company as the most innovative idea in dips since hummus, the six new products blend healthy, fresh vegetables with popular Greek yogurt, creating craveable modern flavor combinations missing from store shelves.
“Consumers don’t need another hummus, but they do want fresh alternatives and new flavor experiences that are just as healthy and convenient,” said La Terra Fina’s GM and COO Tim Ramsey, who brings more than 25 years of CPG experience to innovation and distribution growth, most recently serving as VP of marketing at Pacific Natural Foods. “After a lot of research and mixing it up in the test kitchens we’ve produced three new product lines that are inventive and original, yet on-trend with our foodie culture and increasingly refined palates.”
La Terra Fina developed its line-up of dips to energize the saturated refrigerated case with a new take on savory dips. As versatile as they are flavorful, the dips add something special to everything from sandwiches and wraps, to crackers and veggie platters. They include:
A riff on gourmet salad entrees, these dips pair fresh chopped vegetables with Greek yogurt, resulting in combinations with approximately half the fat and calories than regular dips.
- Greek Kalamata Olives & Spinach: Leafy spinach and sun-dried tomatoes are blended with creamy Greek yogurt then finished with a fresh squeeze of lemon and salty Kalamata olives
- Balsamic Beet & White Bean: The natural sweetness of nutrient-rich beets is a perfect complement for Greek yogurt, with a savory touch of basil and salty Parmesan cheese and a splash of Balsamic vinegar
A blend of summer vegetables, herbs and Greek yogurt, the Vegetable Fusion flavors are ideal for a light dip or sandwich spread as an alternative to hummus, but with up to 65 percent less fat and fewer calories.
- Roasted Yellow Pepper & Lentil: Yellow bell peppers are roasted, then blended with savory red lentils and tangy Greek yogurt for a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
- Red Lentil Curry: Roasted garlic and spicy curry add a rich layer to this blend of creamy Greek yogurt and simmered red lentils for a hearty dip.
An update on snacking favorites, the Classics line adds chef-influenced flavors to popular stand-bys.
- Creamy Spinach & Bacon: Roasted garlic and smoky bacon kick the classic spinach dip up a notch.
- Caramelized Onion: Rich caramelized red onions with a hint of balsamic are blended with tangy Greek yogurt for a healthier and more flavorful alternative to this party favorite.
La Terra Fina’s new products are all gluten-free and contain no nuts or trans-fats. As an effort to minimize environmental impact, the packaging is made from 100% recycled PET bottles and shaped in 10 oz. squares for more efficient stocking and shipping. The dips are available now at select Northern California specialty grocers for an SRP of $4.99.
About La Terra Fina
Founded in 1983 by a popular Bay Area caterer, La Terra Fina has since grown to more than 50 full-time workers at a state-of-the-art, 60,000-square-foot food processing facility located just outside of San Francisco. La Terra Fina, meaning “the good earth” in Italian, produces a wide range of all-natural, ready-to-eat refrigerated quiches and dips rich in flavor and high in quality. Its products are sold in supermarkets, club stores, and specialty grocery retailers nationwide. For more information, visit www.laterrafina.com or www.facebook.com/LaTerraFina.
Sam Burton, 503-231-3086
Source: La Terra Fina