WARRENDALE, Pa., Oct. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SAE International offers a free, virtual online event that explores global advancements in drivetrain technology – from the comfort and convenience of home or office – on Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012.
In its third year, the SAE International Global Drivetrain Virtual Summit is the largest online conference developed specifically for those involved in the design and/or implementation of drivetrain technologies including axles, transmissions, and torque control devices for automotive, commercial, and off-highway vehicles. It not only examines the global advancements in drivetrain technology for the ground mobility industry but also addresses regional issues, benefits, and disadvantages on a global scale.
The Summit is hosted by The Lubrizol Corporation and runs from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (EST). Content for the Summit is reviewed and facilitated by SAE International.
By participating, registrants will be able to:
- Gather real-world advice by chatting live with industry experts.
- Learn about emerging technologies, trends, and issues surrounding drivetrains.
- Gain access to thought leaders in drivetrain technology at no cost and without travel.
- Visit the virtual "Resource Download Center" for valuable information including the latest white papers, demos, podcasts, product information, and technical presentations.
- Network with like-minded professionals in a virtual "Networking Lounge" for both group and private chats.
- Enter to win prizes by visiting exhibitor booths in the virtual "Exhibit Hall."
- Attend and submit questions to panelists at three thought-provoking "Theater Webcast Presentations" by industry leaders in the virtual "Theater."
The event will feature three theater Webcast presentations, including:
"Advances in Manual Transmission Design and Lubrication for Passenger Cars" – This presentation begins at 9 a.m. (EST) in the virtual theater.
"Optimizing the Drivetrain to Achieve Fuel Efficiency in Off-Road Vehicles" – This presentation begins at Noon (EST) in the virtual theater.
"Improving Fuel Economy for Commercial Vehicles" – This presentation begins at 3 p.m. (EST) in the virtual theater.
For more information about the 2012 Global Drivetrain Virtual Summit, including detailed information on the theater presentations, visit http://www.sae.org/events/globvirt/ .
SAE International is a global association of more than 128,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE SAE International