MANILA, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Following are some company-related and market news which could have an impact on the local market.
------------------- MARKET SNAPSHOT @2336 GMT --------------
INSTRUMENT LAST PCT CHG NET CHG USD/JPY 78.51 0.05 0.04 US 10YR 1.67 -0.09 0.00 SPOT GOLD 1790.71 0.12 2.16 US CRUDE 91.45 -0.28 -0.26 DOW JONES 13575.36 0.60 80.75 ASIA ADRS 121.20 1.29 1.54 FTSE 100 5827.78 0.03 1.97
GLOBAL MARKETS-Euro climbs on ECB; stocks rise before jobs data
SE Asia Stocks-Philippine, Malaysia, Indonesia at all-time high
WHAT IS HAPPENING TODAY IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Central bank to release foreign reserves data for September
- Statistics Office to release September inflation data, 9:00 a.m.
- Philippine Mining Luncheon with Philex Mining Corp SVP Michael Toledo as guest speaker, Manila Polo Club Ballroom, Makati City, 11:30 a.m.
- Philcomsat Holdings Corp holds annual stockholders' meeting, Dasmarinas Room, Makati Sports Club, L.P. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, 3:00 p.m.
- Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines holds 2012 National Conference with guests BSP Governor Amando Tetangco and Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima, The Peninsula Manila, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
STOCKS TO WATCH - CEBU AIR INC
- Cebu Air Inc said it had been invited to take a look at acquiring unlisted Zest Air but said any interest it has on the airline was non-binding and at best indicative, adding it was not doing any due diligence at the moment. For the full disclosure:
- AYALA CORP
- Conglomerate Ayala Corp said it was planning to issue fixed rate bonds worth 10 billion pesos ($241 million) and has sought to register the issue with the securities regulator. For the full disclosure:
MARKET NEWS > Nikkei seen stuck in range ahead of BOJ, U.S. jobs data
> S&P 500 on verge of 5-year high day ahead of jobs data
> U.S. bond prices fall on day before key jobs data
> Euro romps higher; BOJ, U.S. jobs data loom
> Gold hits 11-month high after ECB; $1,800 in sight
> Oil jumps, gasoline futures gain 5 pct on refinery fire
REUTERS NEWS - PHILIPPINES > Manila orders arrest of Arroyo on plunder charges
> GMA falls 9 pct as PLDT talks collapse
ASIA-PACIFIC STOCK MARKETS S.Korea China Hong Kong Taiwan India Australia/NZ OTHER MARKETS Currency Eurostocks JP bonds ADR Report LME metals STOCKS NEWS US Europe Asia DIARIES & DATA: Philippines diary U.S. earnings diary European diary Asia Macro TOP NEWS Front Page Asian companies U.S. company News European companies Forex news Global Economy Tech, Media and Telecoms Financials General/political
A multimedia version of Reuters Top News is available at:
($1 = 41.4850 Philippine pesos)
(Reporting by Manila Newsroom)
Keywords: MARKETS PHILIPPINES STOCKS/