DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gqshgw/broadbandtrends) has announced the addition of the "Broadbandtrends Report: 2Q12 Global Broadband" report to their offering.
Demand for Fixed Broadband Declines Across All Regions
Global fixed broadband subscribers grew 2 percent quarter-over-quarter to reach more than 604 million at the end of 2Q12; while quarterly net additions declined by 27 percent to reach 11.3 million. All regions experienced quarterly net addition declines during the quarter.
China is the largest single market with nearly 27 percent, while the Asia Pacific market as a whole represents 43 percent of the total broadband market.
DSL remains the most widely deployed broadband technology, representing 63 percent of total subscribers, while cable broadband subscribers represent 19 percent, FTTx is 15 percent and other technologies represent nearly 2 percent.
During 2Q12, Asia Pacific contributed the largest portion of new subscribers at 65 percent, followed by EMEA at 22 percent, CALA at 9 percent, and North America at 4 percent.
Broadband subscribers in China were 161.5 million at the end of 2Q12. The United States follows at 90.6 million, while Japan is a distant third at 37.6 Billion.
Global Telco TV subscribers grew 6 percent in 2Q12 to reach 67.5 million. China is now the largest country for Telco TV with 15.2 million subscribers, followed by France with 13.6 million.
About This Report
This report provides global broadband subscriber data by region, country and type. Highlights current trends and major announcements in broadband services. Also includes data for TelcoTV services. Includes a report as well as a spreadsheet with country level data (1Q02 to 2Q12).
This report includes both an 11-page written report (including 9 Figures and 6 Tables) as well as a supplemental spreadsheet. This spreadsheet includes quarterly broadband subscriber information by type (DSL, Cable Modem, FTTH, Other) and by region 1Q02 to 2Q12.
- Global Fixed Broadband Subscribers reached 604.4 million in 2Q12
- Global FTTx (FTTP + FTTB/LAN) Subscribers have reached 93.3 million
- Top 3 Countries account for 48 percent of global broadband subscribers in 2Q12
- Global Telco TV Subscribers are 67.5 million at the end of 2Q12
- Asia Pacific overtakes EMEA for largest Telco TV region in 2Q12
- DSL remains the prevailing technology with 63 percent of total subscribers
- Global Top 25
- Quarterly Demand Declines Across the Globe in 2Q12
- FTTx the only bright spot in 2Q12
- A word about FTTx subscribers
- Global Analysis
- China Passes France as Largest Telco TV Market
- Top Ten Telco TV Operators (2Q12)
Regional Snapshots (2Q12)
- Asia Pacific
- North America
List of Figures:
Figure 1: Global Broadband Subscribers by Region/Sub-Region, 2Q12
Figure 2: Net Broadband Additions by Region (2Q10-2Q12)
Figure 3: Net Broadband Additions by Type (2Q10-2Q12)
Figure 4: Global Telco TV Subscribers by Region, 2Q10-2Q12
Figure 5: Top Telco TV Countries, 2Q12
Figure 6: Asia Pacific Broadband by Country, 2Q12
Figure 7: CALA Broadband by Country, 2Q12
Figure 8: EMEA Broadband by Country, 2Q12
Figure 9: North America by Operator, 2Q12
List of Tables:
Table 1: Top 25 Countries by Broadband Subscribers
Table 2: Top IPTV Operators, 2Q12
Table 3: Top Broadband Operators, Asia Pacific, 2Q12
Table 4: Top Broadband Operators, CALA, 2Q12
Table 5: Top Broadband Operators, EMEA, 2Q12
Table 6: Top Broadband Operators, North America, 2Q12
This spreadsheet provides more details on broadband subscriber data.
- Global Broadband Subscriber total by Region & Type (1999-2Q12)
- Country Summary Total Broadband Subscribers (1Q02-2Q12)
- Top 25 by Country (2Q12)
- Top 10 Countries by Type of Broadband (2Q12)
- Top 10 Operators by Region (2Q12)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gqshgw/broadbandtrends
Source: Research and Markets