Canon (Booth # 400) Will Also Host Series of Industry Discussions and Executive Interviews in the WhatTheyThink Theater
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase at Graph EXPO 2012 (October 7-10, McCormick Place South, Chicago) the breadth of Canon and Océ technologies designed to help print service providers and graphic arts professionals increase productivity, decrease costs and generate more revenue. Canon (booth #400) will also host the WhatTheyThink Theater, where a full schedule of panel discussions on a variety of topics and interviews with industry experts will be featured throughout the event and made available online via live streaming video for those unable to attend in person.
“Canon will provide this year’s Graph EXPO attendees with a rich and engaging experience while offering the opportunity to see the full range of our latest input and output solutions,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “We look forward to participating in these forward-thinking discussions taking place in the WhatTheyThink Theater while showcasing Canon’s innovative solutions designed to keep pace with this dynamic and evolving industry.”
Demonstrations will take place in the areas of collateral creation, book publishing, proofing, direct mail, display graphics and transactional printing. From image capture and design tools to high-volume production market solutions, Canon and Océ develop, manufacture and market a comprehensive lineup of award-winning print solutions, including the following production and large/wide format offerings that will be shown:
- Canon imagePRESS C7010VP digital color press with the Tec Lighting Long Sheet Feeder and Stacker offers an expanded sheet size of up to 26 inches and helps decrease expenditures while expanding output opportunities for print-for-pay environments, commercial printers and in-plant/central reprographic departments.
- Canon imagePRESS C7010VPS digital color press with the OLEC Swift UV Roller Coater that helps protect and highlight printed pieces while offering professional-looking full-bleed saddle finished booklets. Commercial printers and in-plant/central reprographic departments can also automate production workflow with the available Océ PRISMAsync™ controller and Océ PRISMA® software suite.
- Océ VarioPrint® DP Line of digital black and white presses with Océ DirectPress technology, a highly stable technology that prints consistently high-quality images on a wide range of media and produces zero ozone. Two Océ VarioPrint 135 devices will be paired with new in-line finishing options from Canon for small- and mid-sized commercial printers and in-plant printers. The first is a High Capacity Stacker that provides an interface for third-party finishing solutions, such as the MAX ring binder that will be demonstrated. The second is the SDD Square Fold Booklet Maker that provides a cost-effective solution for producing professionally finished booklets at full production speed with text printed on the spine. This new solution will be demonstrated in-line with a Saddle Finisher with Booklet Trimmer for a clean face-trim on the fore-edge.
- The Océ VarioPrint 6320 Ultra, with Océ Gemini Instant Duplex technology, will be featured in the booth with a Lasermax DocuSheeter™ and an MBO folding and delivery solution, all in-line. Demonstrating the high-quality and reliability on ultra-lightweight media, the Océ VarioPrint 6320 Ultra will feature Ariva/Océ Digital Opaque Smooth 30# stock, as well as various other stocks.
- The Océ ColorStream® 3900 digital full-color inkjet printing system makes its U.S. debut at Graph Expo. This is the fastest model in the Océ ColorStream 3000 series family, with a process speed of 417 feet per minute with a maximum print width of 21.25 inches. It will be shown running in-line with the Horizon SL6000 stitchliner. Both pre-printed and live samples will be available in the booth including the YellowStone Guide, Fraggle Rock Comic Book, Toulouse-Lautrec poster book, National Park Calendar, and children’s book: Clair and the Clarinet.
- Canon imagePRESS C1+, the first color device with clear toner for the light production and proofing markets. It will be demonstrated with a new Fiery System 10 print controller from EFI that is targeted at graphic artists, design firms and packaging proofers.
Large/Wide Format Offerings
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6450/iPF6400, two 12-color, 24-inch large format printers designed for photographers, artisans, and proofers. The imagePROGRAF iPF6450 printer will be shown with an optional SU-21 spectrophotometer that provides advanced color management, including the ability to obtain color consistency across multiple iPFX400 series printers.
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF9400S, a 60-inch large format printer utilizing Canon's 8-color LUCIA EX pigment ink set, features borderless printing up to 60 inches. An excellent solution for tradeshow graphics, production printing and commercial photography, this printer produces fine details and bold color at high speeds while minimizing the total cost of operation.
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8400, a 44-inch large format printer utilizes Canon’s 12-color LUCIA EX ink set and includes a new Multi-sensor that provides improved color density detection and allows for a full calibration to be completed within 15 minutes, as well as the ability to use non-Canon branded media.
- Océ Arizona® 550GT, a standard-size table, high-volume production, UV flatbed printer that is able to print on almost any rigid media or object.
- Océ ColorWave® 650 Poster Printer is designed for high speed, cost-effective printing of short-term, short-run posters and signage. It can accommodate up to six online media rolls and offers media flexibility from inexpensive 20 lb. bond through high-quality polypropylene.
The WhatTheyThink speaker series, designed as a “show within a show,” will feature engaging discussions with industry experts, end-users and seasoned professionals moderated by the editors of WhatTheyThink and executives from Canon U.S.A. and Océ. The current scheduled sessions include:
Sunday, Oct. 7
- Digital Packaging Trends, 2-2:45 p.m.
- Affordable Sustainability, 4-4:45 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 8
- Flatbed UV Printing - New Applications and Profits for Commercial Printers, 10:30-11:15 a.m.
- Canon Booth Overview, 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Supply Chain Optimization (Web-to-Print), 2-2:45 p.m.
- Industry Leaders, 3-3:45 p.m.
- Océ’s Inkjet Strategy, 4-4:45 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
- The Ideal Color Supply Chain, 10:30 a.m-12 p.m.
- Changing Face of Publishing, 2-2:45 p.m.
- What to Look for in a Business Partner, 3-3:45 p.m.
- Media Flexibility and Opening New Revenue Streams: 4-4:45 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 10
- Content Anywhere, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
For a full description of events taking place in the WhatTheyThink Theater in Canon booth #400 at Graph EXPO and to access streaming videos of each session, please visit http://www.usa.canon.com/graph2012_sessions or http://whattheythink.com/live.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2012. In 2012, for the ninth consecutive year, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers Choice Award for Service and Reliability. Committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, Canon U.S.A. provides 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Robert Luckett, 516-328-5205
Michael Maloney, 516-328-4613
Canon U.S.A. Website:
For sales information/customer support:
Source: Canon U.S.A., Inc.