DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/scwbv4/probability_and) has announced the addition of Elsevier Science and Technology's new book "Probability and Random Processes. With Applications to Signal Processing and Communications. Edition No. 2" to their offering.
Miller and Childers have focused on creating a clear presentation of foundational concepts with specific applications to signal processing and communications, clearly the two areas of most interest to students and instructors in this course. It is aimed at graduate students as well as practicing engineers, and includes unique chapters on narrow band random processes and simulation techniques.
The appendices provide a refresher in such areas as linear algebra, set theory, random variables, and more. Probability and Random Processes also includes applications in digital communications, information theory, coding theory, image processing, speech analysis, synthesis and recognition, and other fields.
- Exceptional exposition and numerous worked out problems make the book extremely readable and accessible
- The authors connect the applications discussed in class to the textbook
- The new edition contains more real world signal processing and communications applications
- Includes an entire chapter devoted to simulation techniques
Key Topics Covered:
2. Introduction to Probability Theory
3. Random Variables, Distributions and Density Functions
4. Operations on a Single Random Variable
5. Pairs of Random Variables
6. Multiple Random Variables
7. Random Sequences and Series
8. Random Processes
9. Markov Processes
10. Power Spectral Density
11. Random Processes in Linear Systems
12. Simulation Techniques
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/scwbv4/probability_and.
Source: Elsevier Science and Technology
Source: Research and Markets