DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cmpc4p/digital_video_and) has announced the addition of Elsevier Science and Technology's new book "Digital Video and HD. Algorithms and Interfaces. Edition No. 2. The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics" to their offering.
Digital Video and HD: Algorithms and Interfaces provides a one-stop shop for the theory and engineering of digital video systems. Equally accessible to video engineers and those working in computer graphics, Charles Poynton's revision to his classic text covers emergent compression systems, including H.264 and VP8/WebM, and augments detailed information on JPEG, DVC, and MPEG-2 systems. This edition also introduces the technical aspects of file-based workflows and outlines the emerging domain of metadata, placing it in the context of digital video processing.
With the help of hundreds of high quality technical illustrations, this book presents the following topics:
- Basic concepts of digitization, sampling, quantization, gamma, and filtering
- Principles of color science as applied to image capture and display
- Scanning and coding of SDTV and HDTV
- Video color coding: luma, chroma (4:2:2 component video, 4fSC composite video)
- Analog NTSC and PAL
- Studio systems and interfaces
- Compression technology, including M-JPEG and MPEG-2
- Broadcast standards and consumer video equipment
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cmpc4p/digital_video_and
Source: Elsevier Science and Technology
Source: Research and Markets