DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bwssph/private_security) has announced the addition of Elsevier Science and Technology's new report "Private Security and the Law. Edition No. 4" to their offering.
Private Security and the Law, 4th Edition, is a unique resource that provides analysis of practices in the security industry as they relate to law, regulation, licensure, and constitutional questions of case and statutory authority.
This book describes the legal requirements faced in the area of private security. It emphasizes the liability problems common to security operations, including negligence and tortious liability, civil actions frequently litigated, and strategies to avoid legal actions that affect business efficiency. The text also examines the constitutional and due-process dimensions of private security both domestically and internationally, including recent cases and trends that will set pace for future private security laws and regulations. As private security becomes more closely involved in national and international security, cases like Blackwater are examined. Charles Nemeth takes you step by step through the analysis of case law as it applies to situations commonly faced in the private security practice, providing a solid introduction to the legal and ethical standards that shape the industry.
- Authoritative, scholarly treatise sheds light on this increasingly important area of the law.
- Historical background helps readers understand the present by seeing the full context of recent developments
- National scope provides crucial parameters to security practitioners throughout the US
NEW TO THIS EDITION!
- A chapter on the legal implications of private contractors operating in war zones like Afghanistan
- Updated coverage of statutory authority
- Updated coverage of state and federal processes of oversight and licensure
- Special analysis of public-private cooperative relationships in law enforcement
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bwssph/private_security.
Source: Elsevier Science and Technology
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Source: Research and Markets