DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vt3djv/gastroenterology) has announced the addition of the "Gastroenterology - Thought Leader Panel 2012" report to their offering.
Gastroenterology TLP 2012 summarizes the perspectives of six internationally recognized Thought Leaders who specialize in the treatment of IBD: Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. All were interviewed after the 2012 DDW (one, literally as the meeting was gaveled to a close). Panelists chose to elaborate on what they felt was significant from the meeting. Once an issue was raised, we posed it to the other Panelists. Here are the inflammatory bowel disease topics on which they opined:
- Have the sub-q anti-TNF agents made a compelling case for use in ulcerative colitis? What is the significance of trough levels
- What trial designs, clinical endpoints and biomarkers should be used for registration trials in Crohn's and/or ulcerative colitis? How will these be used in the community?
- Any alternative TNF strategies or biosimilars on the imminent horizon?
- How does the data for vedolizumab, PF-00547659 (MAdCAM), etrolizumab (rhuMAb-b7) and AMG-181 compare to anti-TNF therapy for Crohn's and/or
ulcerative colitis? What about compared to each other?
- Will patient selection based on screening for JV virus give Tysabri a new lease on life?
- How does a dirty JAK inhibitor like tofacitinib stack up against anti-TNF therapy? Against integrin approaches? Against pure JAK3 molecules?
- Is the gastroenterologic future rosy or bleak for anti-IL23 therapy? Anti-IL17 therapy?
- What else is hot? (Some interest in anti-CD3).
- What else is not? (Hint: Anything that didn't make this list)
- Abbott (Eisai) adalimumab
- Amgen / AstraZeneca
- Elan / Biogen
- Genentech / Roche
- Hospira / Celltrion
- Janssen / Merck / Essex
- Mass General / Janssen
- Merck (Schering-Plough)
- Millennium / Takeda
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vt3djv/gastroenterology
Source: Research and Markets