IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- American Industrial Systems Inc. (AIS), an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of rugged computer and display has announced completion of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). ITAR is a set of United States government regulations that control the export and import of defense-related articles and services on the United States Munitions List (USML). This registration, and with our commitment to ISO 9001 standards, documents AIS’s dedication to adhering to the strict regulations that control the export and import of defense-related services. AIS has proven their knowledge, understanding, and compliance to the US Department of States regulations in addition to the inclusion of defined corporate procedures and controls.
“The ITAR registration enables AIS to better serve government, aerospace, and defense entities,” said Nelson Tsay, President, AIS. “Through the AIS Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) rugged touch computers and displays, Department of Defense (DoD) and its prime contractors can achieve commonality, reliability, total cost of ownership, and similar defense-related objectives. Our goal is to make the design engineer’s life easier and more productive, with the highest quality products from design and manufacturing services, and reduce time to market of a Military Off-The-Shelf (MOTS) embedded computing product to meet your needs, exceeding your expectations and achieving your goals.”
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2008 Certification Registration: 74-300-3371
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Registered: Registrant Code M30909
- Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number: DUNS #: 783650208
- Contractor and Government Entity Code (CAGE): CAGE Code: 52HW8
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) NAICS Code: 334419
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR) Registered
- Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) Registered
- Small Business Designation
- AIS IS NOT A Labor Surplus Area Concern
- AIS IS NOT Listed On The EPA List Of Violating Facilities
AIS developed and implemented a quality management system based on a process management approach which demonstrates its ability to provide consistent products that meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements, and to address customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including continual improvement and the prevention of non-conformity. The quality system complies with the international standard ISO 9001:2008 and the standards which apply to related industries.
Accelerating Product Time to Market
Facing tight budgets, the Army, Navy, Air Force and Defense agencies are looking for solutions that withstand the test of time while meeting stringent performance, size, weight and power (SWaP), command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) requirements. AIS MIL-STD compact ruggedized touch computers are designed manufactured and qualified to pass MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461. All units are tested for drop-shock, moisture, dust, vibration resistance and temperature extremes for military, aerospace and government applications.
Military and Marine Technology
- Military Standard MIL-STD-810: Tested to the MIL-STD-810 standard methodology for a range of extreme conditions including drops, shocks, vibration, humidity, altitude, rain, dust and sand-resistance, temperature extremes and thermal shock
- Military Standard MIL-STD-461: Tested to the MIL-STD-461 standard methodology for EMI and EMC
- Maritime Environment Standard: Tested to the DNV standard methodology for a range of extreme conditions including temperature, humidity, vibration, EMC compatibility and enclosures
- Environmental ratings for enclosures based on NEMA 4, 4X, IP65, IP67 Type designations: To provide a degree of protection against falling dirt, rain, sleet, snow, windblown dust, splashing water, hose-directed water, and corrosion
About American Industrial Systems, Inc.
AIS is a leading global designer and manufacturer of specialty military embedded computing, industrial panel pc and industrial display solutions for customers in the Government, Aerospace, and Defense, Building Automation, Chemical and Petrochemical, Food and Beverage, Oil and Gas, Packaging, Pharmaceuticals, Pulp and Paper, Solar Power, Utilities, Water and Waste Water, Wind Power markets. AIS specialize in designing and manufacturing cost-effective LCD and embedded computing products for the industrial market, as well as ODM/OEM applications worldwide. Whether your vision involves off-the-shelf displays or highly customized embedded computing solutions, AIS can supply the experience, technology, and resources needed in building it right and getting you to market first. For additional information on AIS products and services, please call AIS toll-free at (888) 485-6688 or visit: www.aispro.com.
American Industrial Systems, Inc.
Alan Wong, 949-681-7461
Source: American Industrial Systems Inc.