Report showcases community engagement, employee health & safety, philanthropy, sustainability, supplier diversity and other programs
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- McKesson Corporation, a Fortune 14 healthcare-services and information technology company, today announced the release of its FY2012 Corporate Citizenship Report. Consistent with the company’s mission to improve the business of healthcare and the health of patients, McKesson is committed to healthy employees, operations, communities and the environment.
Designed to minimize paper and energy usage, the company’s online interactive report shares McKesson’s corporate citizenship story through the voices of McKesson employees and stakeholders. McKesson’s Corporate Citizenship Report is available at www.mckesson.com/citizenshipreport.
FY12 Report highlights:
- McKesson was recognized as one of the Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles by the National Business Group on Health
- Over 21,000 employees participated in the McKesson Vitality program – a comprehensive health and wellness program.
- McKesson selected computer vendors that offer energy efficient equipment; resulting in 327,411 kWh savings.
- 16,800 employees from 164 locations participated in McKesson Community Days, the company’s annual employee volunteer week, assembling 28,000 care packages for active duty troops, wounded service members and veterans in military hospitals
- McKesson’s matching gift program experienced an 36% increase in donations and a 22% increase in employee participation (over the previous year)
- The McKesson Foundation funded six mobile health research studies that use mobile phones in chronic disease management.
- McKesson’s RelayHealth business donated the $50,000 prize it received from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs “Blue Button for All Americans” competition to the Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to “honor and empower Wounded Warriors.”
“McKesson employees are in the privileged position of creating a positive impact in healthcare through our daily work. We are driven to improve the business health of our customers, allowing them to provide improved patient care and reduce costs,” said Carrie Varoquiers, president of the McKesson Foundation and vice president, Corporate Citizenship. “In addition to our daily work, we are also driven to improve our local communities through volunteerism, cash giving and strategic partnerships as well as reducing our impact on the environment at the enterprise and local levels.”
McKesson's ICARE shared principles – Integrity, Customer First, Accountability, Respect and Excellence – help bring the company’s citizenship efforts to life every day.
About McKesson Corporation
McKesson Corporation, currently ranked 14th on the FORTUNE 500, is a healthcare services and information technology company dedicated to making the business of healthcare run better. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. McKesson helps its customers improve their financial, operational, and clinical performance with solutions that include pharmaceutical and medical-surgical supply management, healthcare information technology, and business and clinical services. For more information, visit http://www.mckesson.com.
McKesson Corporate PRContact:
Megan Hawkins, 415-983-9307
Source: McKesson Corporation