FOSTER CITY, Calif., Oct. 8, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EFI™ (Nasdaq:EFII), a world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation, today announced a new generation of system software, Fiery® FS100 Pro, the most innovative, productive, scalable and integrated front-end system for digital print engines. The new Fiery system will enable the growing base of EFI MIS customers to achieve an unparalleled integration between EFI MIS systems and Fiery Driven™ digital print engines for greater automation and efficiency. Fiery FS100 Pro is on display at GRAPH EXPO, October 7-10 at McCormick Place in Chicago in EFI's booth, #2000.
"Fiery FS100 Pro is a big step forward for EFI's industry-leading line of digital front ends," said David Erlandson, general manager of Caslon, the management company for PODi. "The new features provide substantial gains in productivity, impressive improvements in ease of use, and integration that will help commercial printers and digital printers reduce costs and improve service."
Perfect Pass Rating by VIGC for PDF/X-4 Compliance
In related news, EFI innovation continues to be recognized by the industry. Fiery FS100 Pro now carries the VIGC PDF RIP Audit: Perfect label, the first and only digital front end that has achieved this 100% compliance certification. The VIGC PDF RIP audit tests the rendering of PDF/X-4 features and only awards a "Perfect" certification to those systems that are able to render all features as expected. Print providers using a Fiery FS100 Pro digital front end can have confidence that the true intent of the graphic designer using tools like Adobe Creative Suite will be reflected in the print job correctly the first time, avoiding costly reprints, delivery delays, and dissatisfied print buyers.
"FS100 Pro addresses the print provider's need for vibrant image quality delivered quickly, efficiently and cost effectively, allowing the faster completion of complex work and the ability to maintain a competitive advantage in a demanding marketplace," said Toby Weiss, senior vice president and general manager of EFI's Fiery business unit. "Visitors to our booth at GRAPH EXPO will be wowed by the speed, color quality, usability and integration delivered by Fiery FS100 Pro."
FS100 Pro System Details
- Fiery HyperRIP. Central to the performance gains of Fiery FS100 Pro is HyperRIP, a unique, speed-enhancing technology that splits individual files so that they can be processed with multiple interpreters simultaneously to reach the print engine up to 40 percent faster than current systems.
- Fiery JobMaster. Integrating into the existing Fiery workflow is this new make-ready solution which allows operators to assemble complex documents efficiently. Fiery JobMaster includes visual tab insertion and design, easy-to-use page editing and numbering, page-level ticketing, chapterization, ability to import and modify scanned pages into jobs, and late-stage editing features.
- JobFlow. This innovative, browser-based workflow solution allows print operations to automate file processing routines in an intuitive and simple manner. This includes the ability to convert, preflight, edit, image enhance and impose documents directly before printing, saving time and money by automating repetitive tasks and preventing printing errors.
- Fiery Command WorkStation® 5.4. The latest update to EFI's signature Fiery user interface includes integration with Fiery Color Profiler Suite and convenient inline editing of the copies, job names and workflow data. The premier in-RIP interactive image enhancement technology now offers refined tools to improve facial skin tone independent from other image areas and improved red-eye detection/correction.
- Fiery Ticker. Fiery Ticker provides an "at a glance" update on Fiery job status, presenting a large display view of key information for an operator such as processing and printing speeds of the current job, pages remaining to print for the current job, error messages, and tray information.
- Industry-Leading JDF Integration. FS100 Pro's inclusion of the latest JDF standards will enable the 20,000+ print provider sites that use EFI MIS and web-to-print products to seamlessly integrate EFI and other third party products with Fiery digital front ends, making Fiery the preferred choice for commercial printers. Fiery FS100 Pro, along with Fiery System 9R2 and 10 are the first to achieve the JDF1.3 Integrated Digital Printing Interoperability Conformance Specifications (ICS) certification by CIP4.
The first digital print engines to feature Fiery FS100 Pro will be commercially available in the first quarter of 2013. Fiery Command WorkStation 5.4 will be available for download from EFI's website in mid-October. For more information, visit www.efi.com or contact 800-875-7117.
EFI™ (www.efi.com) is a worldwide provider of products, technology and services leading the transformation of analog to digital imaging. Based in Silicon Valley, with offices around the globe, the company's powerful integrated product portfolio includes digital front-end servers; superwide, wide-format, label and ceramic inkjet presses and inks; production workflow, web to print, and business automation software; and office, enterprise and mobile cloud solutions. These products allow users to produce, communicate and share information in an easy and effective way, and enable businesses to increase their profits, productivity, and efficiency.
Follow EFI Online:
Follow us on Twitter: @EFI_Print_Tech
Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/EFI.Digital.Print.Technology
View us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/EFIDigitalPrintTech
The Electronics For Imaging, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7332
NOTE TO EDITORS:
The EFI logo, Fiery and Command WorkStation are registered trademarks of Electronics For Imaging, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries. EFI and Fiery Driven are trademarks of Electronics For Imaging, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries. All other terms and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners, and are hereby acknowledged.
Nothing herein should be construed as a warranty in addition to the express warranty statements provided with EFI products and services.
This news release contains forward-looking statements, that are statements other than statements of historical fact including words such as "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "consider", "plan" and similar, any statements related to strategies or objectives of management for future operations, products, development, performance, any statements of assumptions or underlying any of the foregoing and any statements in the future tense. Forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual or future results to differ materially. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with EFI's businesses, please refer to the risk factors section in the Company's SEC filings, including, but not limited to, its annual report on Form 10-K and its quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. EFI undertakes no obligation to update information contained herein, including forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: Mike Murphy EFI Corporate Communications 650-357-3037 firstname.lastname@example.org
Source:Electronics For Imaging, Inc.