CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- SaaShr, a Kronos Company, has announced integration with E-Verify available through its Ancillary Product and Service Marketplace. E-Verify compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification with data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
- More than 387,000 employers, both large and small, across the U.S. use E-Verify to check the employment eligibility of their employees, with about 1,200 new businesses signing up each week.
- E-Verify is now available through SaaShr’s Marketplace to the company’s network of service provider partners.
- During the employee hiring process, organizations that leverage the integration will have the option to screen candidates for work authorization from the government with the E-Verify service.
- Employee information provided on the electronic form I-9 is electronically passed to the E-Verify service, which is then screened and able to be reported on by employers.
- While participation in E-Verify is voluntary for most businesses, some organizations may be required by state law or federal regulation to use it. For example, most employers in Arizona and Mississippi are required to use E-Verify. The service is also mandatory for employers with federal contracts or subcontracts that contain the Federal Acquisition Regulation E-Verify clause.
- In order to use the service, organizations responsible for managing the program must undergo mandatory training and agree to the E-Verify memorandum of understanding.
- Bob Tack, director, SaaShr
“E-Verify is a critical integration within our Marketplace, particularly for organizations that are required by state law or federal regulation to utilize the service, as it ensures verifications are happening in a timely manner for each employee through the proper audits and reports.”
SaaShr, a Kronos Company, is a leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) workforce management solutions. Under a private-label model, SaaShr provides time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications to small and midsize businesses through a network of service providers. To learn more about SaaShr visit www.saashr.com.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and SaaShr and the SaaShr logo are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Laura Souza, +1-978-947-4777