October 16th Executive Panel to Explore Key Questions for Policy Makers
International law firm McDermott Will & Emery LLP will host an executive panel discussion focused on the future of Washington, D.C., and the role of law firms in that future, on the morning of Tuesday, October 16th, at the new “McDermott Building” at 500 North Capitol St, NW.
No other city in the United States has as great a concentration of lawyers as Washington, D.C.. And no other city is as dependent on law firms for its livelihood. Looking ahead, a key challenge for public and private sector decision makers is how to harness the economic might of local law firms as they seek to ensure the future growth of the City.
The keys to success include government policy and ensuring a strong environment for business, real estate development, and professional services. Those addressing the challenges will be:
- Bobby R. Burchfield, Co-Head, McDermott Will & Emery’s Washington, D.C. office
- Thomas S. Williamson, Jr., President of the D.C. Bar; Senior Counsel, Covington & Burling, LLP
- Hon. Michael Brown, D.C. City Councilmember, Chairman of the Committee on Economic Development and Housing
- Barbara Lang, President and CEO of the D.C. Chamber of Commerce
- Raymond Ritchey, Executive Vice President, Boston Properties
- Lyles Carr, Senior Vice President, the McCormick Group
- Michael Cohen, Director of Advisory Services, CoStar Property & Portfolio Research
WHAT: The Role of Law Firms in D.C.’s Economic Future
WHO: Leading Members of the Washington, D.C. Government, Business and Legal Communities
WHEN: Thursday, October 16th, from 8:30 – 9:30 am EDT
WHERE: The McDermott Building, 500 North Capitol St., NW, Washington, D.C. 20001
REGISTER: Kindly Reply by October 12th to email@example.com
Media may also request separate interviews with one or more of the panelists by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
McDermott Will & Emery is a premier international law firm with a diversified business practice. Numbering more than 1,100 lawyers, we have offices in Boston, Brussels, Chicago, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Orange County, Paris, Rome, Seoul, Silicon Valley and Washington, D.C. Extending our reach further into Asia, we have a strategic alliance with MWE China Law Offices in Shanghai.
Source: McDermott Will & Emery