OTTAWA, Ill., Oct. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating (SSHE) is sponsoring the Seattle Sutton's 2013 Slim Down Contest to help 10 lucky Peoria Tri-County residents lose weight and improve their health. One grand prize winner who loses the most weight will be packing their bags and heading to Riviera Maya, Mexico with a guest.
SSHE will provide 10 contestants a chance to make a lifestyle change once and for all. For 15 weeks contestants will receive SSHE meals for FREE, beginning on January 7, 2013 and concluding the week of April 22, 2103. Meals provided include 21 meals per week -- every breakfast, lunch and dinner for the contestants, a total of 315 meals in all.
Registration for the contest takes place between October 8, 2012 at 10 AM and October 22, 2012 at 10 AM at seattlesutton.com. Selected contestants will be notified by November 12, 2012. Registration is also available by mail, information provided in Peoria Journal Star ads.
To register for the contest and read the complete rules and regulations, go to seattlesutton.com.
The contestant who loses the most weight based on percentage of body weight will be heading to Riviera Maya, Mexico with a guest. Second place prize will win $1,000 cash from Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating. Third place prize will win a year membership to Landmark Racquet and Health Club.
To be considered for this contest, you must:
- Submit to SSHE your "story" and recent full-length photo – "story" covers who you are, your history with weight loss, how much you currently weigh, what your ideal/goal weight is and what steps you've taken to date to lose weight. Please include your first and last name on your photo with your entry, along with your contact information – address, phone numbers and e-mail.
- Be willing and able to go participate in media interviews prior to, during and after the contest.
- Be available for pre-interviews with SSHE.
- Agree to weekly weigh-ins throughout the contest, including at the beginning and end of contest.
- Be dedicated and willing to stay on SSHE meals exclusively for 15 weeks.
- Agree to exercise, if medically able to do so according to your physician.
- Be willing to have blood work completed, once at the beginning of the contest and once at the end of the contest, to measure blood sugar and blood pressure taken. This is a free service provided by Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating, as part of the contest.
- Agree to sign release forms and contest rules to participate in contest. Official contest rules are posted online at seattlesutton.com.
Ready to Lose Weight?
Fill out an online registration form at seattlesutton.com and submit your story with a current full-length photo. You may also opt to upload a recent video of yourself telling your story about why you should be chosen.
About Seattle Sutton's Slim Down Contests
Seattle Sutton's Slim Down Contests are weight loss contests that have transformed the lives of contestants, helping create healthy habits and improve lifestyles. Since the first challenge in 2010, the company has held three successful contests helping contestants lose a total of 1,238 pounds to date.
Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating (SSHE), a family-owned, Illinois-based healthy meal replacement company offers a no-gimmick approach to convenient, healthy eating nationwide. The meal program is scientifically designed and taste-tested. Founded by Seattle Sutton, RN, BSN, in 1985, SSHE helps to address patients' desire to lose weight and improve overall health. Seattle Sutton's dedication to health continues today, since all SSHE menus are analyzed on an ongoing basis and adhere to recommended dietary guidelines. SSHE prepares thousands of fresh meals weekly and its innovative approach has helped thousands of people achieve and maintain weight loss without planning, shopping or cooking for themselves. For more information, seattlesutton.com or 1-800-442-DIET (3438). For business-related inquiries, 1-888-442-DIET (3438).
SOURCE Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating